New Poem Idea

• Bleu
    5 years ago

Hello everyone! This is my first time making my own post on the forum but I have an idea!

I have a poem title picked out, yet I can not seem to come up with an idea about what I want the poem to actually be about.

The title I have chosen is "Tampered With". Unfortunately, this is the FIRST time that anything like this has happened. I can usually come up with a title and have an idea for the story as soon as a title is chosen. But, this poem is different. There are so many ideas that seem to be circulating through my head at this moment when I try and think of how to write this.

The main thing that I keep coming back to is like a lock and a key. A lock being tampered with, something being opened. But, why? Where is this lock and what is it leading to ? I think that is the direction that I want to take, I just have NO idea how to go about it.

I would love to hear some of your creative ideas!! <3

• Poet on the Piano replied to Bleu
    5 years ago

My apologies for just seeing this, Hales!

I like the idea of the lock and key... a lot can be done with a simple metaphor.

"Tampered with" makes me think there is someone or something out to use or damage you. Whether this is a consequence of an action or someone who comes into your life that you weren't prepared for. Perhaps you are finally moving forward with your life in a positive direction, have plans and hope, and a person comes to ambush that. To take all that confidence away.

Or maybe it was a accident or event like witnessing a tragedy where you now have to cope with living with the results of that. Of being there for someone with a terminal illness. So many routes you could go. Are you wanting to draw from personal experience or create fictional characters?

I hope others chime in too. Good luck, with whatever direction you take :)

• silvertung69 replied to Bleu
    1 year ago

I think of my childhood when i was sudused by my 16 year old bb sitter. I was 9, she did this for 3yrs.
    so anyway .....