How to Get Over Him

• schmetterling
    4 years ago

Hey guys. Three weeks ago my boyfriend of almost two years broke up with me. I'm trying so hard to get over him, but nothing is working. I loved him more than anything, but he decided that he had second thoughts about our relationship and decided to break up with me. I've never felt this horrible before. I need help. Please.

• Sunshine replied to schmetterling
    4 years ago

I am not an expert, this is merely my advice for you out of a personal perspective. I would not like to judge your ex-boyfriend, but speaking of what you have shared up here, deciding out of a sudden to have second thoughts after two whole years ? That's either very immature or very mean. In all cases, this obviously was unexpected by you so to get over it that fast is a bit hard. You need to take your time to absorb the shock and to understand what happened. Do not push yourself. If you need to cry, do it, if you need to blame him, also do that but be realistic, do not swallow the shock by yourself, he has to handle the consequences of the decision. If you need clarifications just ask for them but make sure you're not trying to get him back to where he doesn't feel like he belongs. And since you're here, maybe writing out what you're feeling would also help you breathe out. Break ups are not easy but they would probably be frequent in your life, whether between couples or friends etc. Not all relations are meant to continue and if someone felt that they do not belong where they are, then it is better that they be honest about it. This is way better than cheating right? Just don't be hard on yourself, stop thinking about him and do not focus on how you feel towards him, focus on yourself and that you deserve someone who is sure about you too. Don't push it, pain is inevitable just don't get stuck in your place, try to move forward while you heal even if it takes courage and time.