What era and country would you of lived in if you could?

• The Poet Behind The Poems
    4 years ago

This is random but somthing i love discussing with people ... if you could go back to any time in any country what would it be? The easiest one would be me to say the 80s or 60s in the us but to me thats just music based so as a life style choice id have to say...

Either ... the old west around the 1880s ... im just fascinated by the term outlaw as alot of them were pushes into it by corrupted official's and money men... me personally i think id of ended up being an outlaw fighting the corruption and trying to give poor people a chance and more then likly i would of died young lol.

Or 1920s in paris which im guessing alot of you will know why ... the jazz the writers painings musicians and the thinkers all there together making master pieces of there craft... i would of being a writer or musician trying to catch the likes of Fitzgerald, hemming way and t.s elliot haha but also partying in the city of lights and again i more then likly would of died young ... so anyone?

• Saerelune
    4 years ago

I've thought about this many times, and I could never find my answer. Especially the era question is a tricky one, as a woman. Sure I love the romantic artistic vibes of the past, but the past has also been riddled with horrific female rights. Things are still not the best they could be, but I think the current era allows women to thrive most, to date.

Picking a country is somewhat easier. Although I've been living in the comforts of Europe, I think part of me always wondered if I could give up this comfort for a country that could provide me with a connection to my roots - somewhere in South-East Asia. But if I did grow up there, I am not sure I would've become the ambitious woman today which was supported by the luck of being born in a first world country. It's always a brain versus heart thing for me. :)

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

I would like to have lived in pre-Strongbow Ireland as a traveling minstrel. My great-grandfather earned his living as a seanchaí, which is about as close to that as possible in modern Ireland.

• Everlasting
    4 years ago

In any era where epidurals are available! And if there’s any chance, I would like to live in the era where Whis from Dragon Ball Super exists so that he could deliver my babies just as he did with Bulma’s. Wouldn’t that be interesting? I bet he used some type of teletransportation technique or who knows. Anyways, in all seriousness, I have no idea where. Anywhere, for whatever reason, seems to have a Hell of its own. It’s hard to choose in which Hell to live and even more harder is to choose which Hell is more apt to built a Heaven out of it.

• Ben Pickard
    4 years ago

In any era where epidurals are available!

^^

If I were having a morning cup of tea when reading this, it would have gone everywhere!

Pottering around the Lake District with the likes of Wordsworth and Coleridge in the late 18th/early 19th century.