Weekly Contest Results Monday October 5th

• Meena Krish
    3 years ago

Hello everyone, let me first thank the two judges who stepped up to make
    this weekly contest possible. Thank you for your time and effort!
    Congratulations to the front page Winners: Rania Moallem, Brenda and Daniel
    and to those who received a HM...well done everyone!

WINNERS://
    Ache by Rania Moallem (10 points)

Future Unknown by Brenda (7 points)

A Moment by Daniel (10 points)

COMMENTS://

Ache by Rania Moallem (10 points)

I found myself lost in thought after reading this, this poem feels like it's more
    than what we're given. It feels like the after effect of losing someone, it feels like
    it is directed to lust, or maybe past time events that keeps haunting us. This
    poem is worded beautifully, and for some reason I could relate to it.

--------------------------------------------

Future Unknown by Brenda (7 points)

If someone asks me what poetry is, I don’t think I'll have an answer. Poetry could
    be anything from a creative piece to one touching poem that's so raw. This one is a
    clear example of a piece filled with raw emotions. I literally sat for few minutes just
    doing nothing, shocked and speechless. What's really beautiful is the heart that
    conveyed such a powerful, honest, very real piece. Thank you for sharing this poem
    with us!

-------------------------------------------

A Moment by Daniel (10 points)

During these trying times, people are affected all around the world. This is a poem
    that all can relate to. Just the smallest things, such as eating (having to unmask)
    can place a person in fear. Daniel, wrote such a powerful poem this week, its elegant
    and the visual display takes the reader to the bus terminal, I (as the reader can see the
    colorful orange shades of the tangerine, placing on quivering lips).
    Just beautiful!!

HMs://

Breakfast at Midnight by Sai (4 points)

After The Storm by Cassie Hughes (7 points)

We Will Go (English sonnet) by Ben Pickard (4 points)

COMMENTS://

Breakfast at Midnight by Sai (4 points)

I can't read this poem enough. Each time I read it I get more feelings, emotions
    and it just makes me speechless. Reaching the moment of letting go, saying goodbye
    and the pure darkness of letting go is priceless within this poem. This poem can
    go several directions for the reader, as if there was a passing of a loved one or the
    heartache of a breakup- It’s a poem that all can relate to and in my opinion this
    poem deserves to be highlighted!

--------------------------------------------

After the Storm by Cassie Hughes (7 points)

I love and adore poems about the sea, the rage and calm is that of the flow of the water.
    Cassie mesmerized me this week! The subtle rhyme scheme was a very pretty, added touch
    to this poem. As the reader goes to each line you can actually feel the movement of the sea
    and the emotions throughout this piece, very pretty poem!

-----------------------------------------------

We Will Go (English sonnet) by Ben Pickard (4 points)

Life throws us all kind of obstacles, whether it's love or anything else. We only
    come to realize it when we lose something dear to us. This sonnet conveyed how
    much this could affect life, and how everything seems to change with it.

• Brenda
    3 years ago

First off I would like to thank my fellow front page winners and HM's. It is an honor to share these pages with such wonderful people. Andrea, thank you so much for nominating my poem. As you know these poems about my grandbabies are deep in my heart. We are all navigating a new normal with this disease. I want to thank the Judge who wrote such lovely comments on this. It truly means the world to me. Most of my poetry is written from the gut and heart, I normally don't follow any particular path or style so I really appreciate you seeing that. Meena, thank you as always for hosting. Happy writing everyone!

• D.
    3 years ago

Hi all. Sorry I've been so quiet. I hope you and your families are all doing well.
    Congratulations Brenda & Rania! Beautiful front page winners. Thank you so much to the judges for dedicating their time and to the judge who left a comment on my poem. You're all wonderful. Have a lovely week all. :)

• Ben Pickard
    3 years ago

Really wonderful, touching poetry on the front page this week; wonderful choices, all.
    Thank you to the judge who left a comment on my poem and thank you to them both in general.

All the best, everyone.