Weekly Contest Winners - September 27, 2021

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Hello! Happy Monday to all. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I wanted to thank our two judges for their time this week, and give a congratulations to Kakera, Saerelune, Craig and Lost star.

"Worship No More" is Kakera's return to PnQ that delves into how death is viewed in a personal and powerful way. In "Something about my heart", Saerelune speaks of the depth of this love, while bringing in psychics and mathematics and the wonder of love. Next, the site broke the tie and selected Craig's piece, "The Eye Of The Dragon", written creatively from the view of a dragon, perhaps a metaphor for those who wish to better our world, yet only see humans destroy it, and each other. Such diverse poems this week, congrats to all!

- MA

COMMENTS:

"Worship No More" by: Kakera

"What a relatable poem for many... Each line depicts the feelings of being lost, wanting to die or just let go.. and at the end there is light, hope. The title fits painfully and powerfully well with this poem!" (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

"I think this poem details the the struggle we can all go through. The mention of the word heroin makes me think this poem is primarily about drug addiction. Although harrowing at times, it is a hopeful poem that seems to indicate the poet has come through the other side of the dark place he was in. A good, very honest poem." (4)

"Something about my heart" by: Saerelune

"I like how this poem has a elements of both head and heart. The romantic thoughts of campfires and midnight mixed with almost scientific messages of physics and universe. It might be a way of explaining the different personalities or outlooks between the two people mentioned in the poem. I like the way the poem doesn't over-complicate or over-elaborate and instead gives the reader a chance to look for the many meanings. Well done!" (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"No matter what age a person is... this poem is relatable. It left me in tears. Saerelune, opens a window to her feelings and captures a moment that is powerful for her and it creates a beautiful poem!" (4)

"The Eye of the Dragon" by: CJ Maleney

"I think the last verse is powerful and it really elevates this poem. I read it as a challenge to the reader to look at the impact they are having on the world around us. I like the way the author compares himself to a dragon throughout the poem and in a rather honest way that doesn't gloss over the destructiveness of the character. An interesting read." (7)

HM's:

"Departure" by: Lost star

"The word usage is what captivated me to this poem. Each line gives you wonderful visuals... very unique and creative!" (7)

• Larry Chamberlin replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congrats to all three winners, rare that we have such diversity of members represented.
    Thanks to the two judges & thanks to MA for posting.

• Lost star
    2 years ago

Thank you judges for taking the time to do your thing and for the nomination, congratulations to the winners really amazing writing.

• CJ Maleney
    2 years ago

Oh my I just found out I got a win. I don't get on here or write as much as I used to. Life gets in the way I guess

Thank you so so much to whoever nominated and to whoever voted for it.

Also congrats to all other entrants and winners.

Regards

From a rather chuffed Craig