Weekly Contest Winners - October 18, 2021

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hello! I hope everyone has been doing well. I wanted to thank our two judges this week for their time and dedication. Highlighted are some introspective poems by Jemia, hiraeth, and Satish. Congrats to them and to Michael for the HM!

Have a great start to the week!

-MA

COMMENTS:

"Doubt"
    by: Jemia de Blondeville
    10 + 4 = 14 points

"This poem flowed with a musical rhythm that I love and adore." (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I like the flow of this particular poem. I almost read it all in one sentence!

A poem that paints a picture of aging in some way, along with how they feel maybe what is going on deeper.

I also thought of this being about nature, in how the poet uses words such as ‘implode’ and ‘explode’ and finally using ‘mushroom cloud’ maybe a metaphor? The final destruction, leaving as the title says ‘doubt’

I enjoyed this piece. My only thought would be less use of capitalisation." (4)

"Hygge"
    by: hiraeth
    7 + 7 = 14 points

"I looked up the poets title ‘Hygge’ (Danish) which translates as ‘creating a warm atmosphere, along with enjoying the good things in life’.

Wonderful title that compliments the poem.

A piece of writing that has a deep, personal and meaningful feel. A nicely written short piece that touches one’s heart, but holds so much more.

It just makes me feel how powerful poetry can be." (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"My heart broke with this piece. To read that is was a scratch poem made my mouth drop, happy to se this posted and nominated. Just beautiful!" (7)

"Embracing my words"
    by: Satish Verma
    = 10 points

"This poem is written using unusual, but curious metaphors that I had to read a couple of times to feel the poets perspective.

I felt this was related to the poets and someone close to them. Maybe a relationship of a personal matter, or a friendship.

My interpretation is how the poet talks about some kind of struggles within their relationship, looking to find solutions. Then words are said that bring them together and open up truths, for looking into one another’s eyes, where I felt some pain or trauma to sort through and come to an understanding, for they mention ‘blues’ indicating some kind of difficulties.

Then talking of both maturing as time goes by. They have both been through a torrid time, and then hoping after the dark times, there is a kind of hope.

Finally the end of their poem, is like a reflection of themselves which is left right there!

A poem written well, with a language that seems to me quite unique in its style and not really knowing what they maybe referring to.

A challenging read, full of intrigue. I like this very much." (10)

HM's:

"Autumnal greetings (haiku)"
    by: Michael

"Take me away, this poem dazzles with nature, excellent haiku." (4)

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi, all :)

Congratulations to all the page winners and thank you to the judge for my HM.

Thank you to both poets who nominated my poems.

Thank you to the judges for their time.

M x

• prasanna
    2 years ago

Thank you judges for your lovely comments. Congrats to the other winners, and Micheal on his HM! Thank you judges as always for your hard work!