Weekly Contest Winners - November 8, 2021

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hi, everyone! This week we had three judges who shared a lot of similar sentiment. Two judges gave their highest vote to Lost Star's "I Long for the Sparrows", a beautiful poem that is full of nostalgia and longing for a love lost. Next, all three judges voted for Xaque's nature piece, "Shoreline", marking it as Xaque's first win on the site. And last but not least, Shining Stars' first win with "You were yellow", a poem that personifies color and shows the reader how much a person can embody a color, a personality, a light... and make all the difference in your life. Congrats to the winners and to Cassie and RavenBunny for the Honorable Mentions! Many thanks to our three judges for their time.

Have a wonderful week :)
    - MA

COMMENTS:

"I Long for the Sparrows Song"
    by: Lost star 10 + 10 = 20 points

"This poem delivers the emotions so effortlessly. The wording and format are exquisite. Like a sparrow that seems small but with a big beautiful voice, perhaps this love was bigger than it seems, even after it’s gone it keeps lingering. There are some distinctive expressions, that to me gives the poem uniqueness." (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"This beautiful nature/ metaphoric piece just left me speechless!" (10)

"Shoreline"
    by: Xaque 7 + 7 + 4 = 18 points

"An absolutely beautiful piece of writing, the imagery here is sublime. Everything played out in my mind as I read it. I don’t even have to see a photo of the place described because the poet did such a masterful job at capturing the imagery here, and it is so serene!" (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Different format, that made me open my mind to a unique style that I greatly enjoyed. Just beautiful!" (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I really like how there are no more than four words in each line, this to me fits a nature poem. It gives me peaceful vibes, the stone and the oak branch not piercing the surface leaving it in that calm smooth phase." (4)

"You were yellow"
    by: Shining Stars 10 + 4 = 14 points

"What a beautiful lovely ode to someone! Likening someone to sunlight, while finding the strength to admit the hardships the writer faced. The love here is palpable, I cannot think of a better way to showcase love for someone than to liken them to yellow." (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Sun and Dark comparison in a different way... truly a joy to read!" (4)

HM's:

"A Passage Through Grief" by: cassie hughes

"The title sets up the poem in the right place/emotion/mood, and the wording of it is out of this world. This took me to the moments where I keep thinking I’m running out of time, and as if I lost my self during that. I truly loved this!" (7)

"This One's for Me" by: RavenBunny

"A beautiful mixture of imagery, and emotions – it’s clear how much love the poet has for the subject of their poem. The repetition of ‘yes – because this one’s for me’ was a wonderful touch that added just how much the poet wanted to seize the opportunity." (4)

• Meena Krish replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congratulations to our front page Winners and to those who received a HM.

Thank you judges for your time and thank you for hosting MA!

• Lost star replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Thank you so much to everyone involved it was such a nice surprise! Judges your comments were very humbling especially amongst such wonderful poems, well done everyone :)