Weekly Contest Winners - December 6, 2021

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hi, everyone! Happy December. I wanted to thank our two judges this week for their dedication. Both judges voted for Kate's budding poem on love, and the vulnerability of opening yourself up to it. The next piece highlighted is by cassie hughes, an inspirational and cathartic poem with great visuals included. Last but not least, AR has their first win, writing of anxieties and the restlessness of our minds.

Congrats to the winners and to RavenBunny for the HM!
    Have a fantastic week :)

-MA

COMMENTS:

"Ma Petite Fleur" by: Kate

"I absolutely adore this piece, how tender it is, how sweet it is. I think trying to analyze it further than that would not be doing justice to this piece. It's such a soft quintessential poem that's full of love. I love this piece so much! My only comment would be to maybe reconsider reformatting the poem, since P&Q seems to have messed it up." (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"First of all I love the title!! The flower growing and blooming in a garden, the person not used to seeing something this beautiful, tending to itand embracing it all the thorns, the delicate petals, wondering and worrying if the soil is good enough. Then becoming one with the flower, the roots taking over the heart, like they’re holding it carefully. This is beautifully written." (4)

"Emancipation" by: cassie hughes

"The title, the wording of this is powerful, and to me it seemed that the poem holds so much strength. A struggle for independence and self expression, the weight society puts on a person and them fighting to break out of it. Then they do, then the rise against everything. This poem is inspirational to so many levels!" (10)

"Whispers" by: AR

"This poem makes you feel the helplessness, the fear, the uncertainty that comes with depression and struggling with mental illnesses, it always feels like we're the only ones drowning and not anyone else, that we're the only ones that feel something is amiss, all those feelings were captured poignantly here." (10)

Honorable Mentions:

"Firewood." by: Poet on the Piano

"There are so many parts of this poem that could stand out alone, yet it all conveys so much together. The ending is so powerful, the final offering part gave me chills as it lead to the end of the poem. This is so personal and so deep." (7)

"My Cloud Nine" by: RavenBunny

"Another piece that's just so soft, full of love, I absolutely love the repetition of 'so this is love' almost like you're coming to terms with it for the first time." (4)

• Meena Krish replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congrats to the front page Winners and HM.
    Thank you judges for your time and thank you for hosting MA!

• Shruti
    2 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners and HMs. Beautiful work!

• Larry Chamberlin replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congratulations to the winning poets. Hats off to the honorably mentioned also.

Thanks, judges & MA.