Secret Santa!

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hi, everyone. Thought we could do something fun for the holidays, whether you celebrate or not, whatever the holidays mean to you. If you're interested in participating, please feel free to post here or pm me (for top secrecy) and I'll message you the name of a PnQ poet who will be your Secret Santa, and who you will write a poem for. Whether you know this poet personally, through their poetry, or not too well at all... it may be neat to "gift" someone with a few verses :)

Thinking of poems being due on the 22nd, (through private message so I can post them all the collected ones together), to keep it from being right on Christmas Eve/day, but can always extend if needed. Thanks! Hope everyone is staying healthy.

• Star replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

This sounds fun Im in ^_^ why dont you also participate?

• Poet on the Piano replied to Star
    2 years ago

Yay!

And I am trying to get some more names so then I can run them through an online generator to make it more random. So if anyone else is interested, please let me know and I can get names out to everyone in the next few days!

• Shruti
    2 years ago

I'm in too!

And I have a question. Does the theme of the poem have to be about the holidays?

• Poet on the Piano replied to Shruti
    2 years ago

Hi, Shruti! Great! And no, it can honestly be anything you want. The gift itself is the poem but the content can be anything dedicated to this poet, anything you wish to write about.

Also, I'm thinking of collecting all the poems by the 22nd or 23rd via pm and then posting on here once I have all of them, revealing who wrote each poem and to what poet. Please let me know if that would work for everyone. I can keep the reveal of the Secret Santa hidden if anyone has any objection to that.

• Star replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

For me personally I dont mind revealing myself :)

• Shruti replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

That's great! And I too don't mind revealing myself~

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Hello, all! Almost have all poems in and will post then. I may just post the poems in a new thread and have everything be anonymous if people want to guess for fun. Those who don't wish to remain anonymous can then chime in and say what poem they wrote and any other comment. If that sounds cool, thanks! Hope everyone is having a good week leading up to the holidays if you celebrate :)