Weekly Contest Winners - December 13, 2021

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well. Thank you for the two judges who voted and commented this week, and everyone else who read poems and nominated.

The judges' votes went to December 5th Closure 2 by Savannah, Sleep Patterns by nourayasmine, and derealization by Shruti, with SWEET HOME by Bob Gallo as this week's Honorable Mention.

Comments and votes below, have a great week ahead!

---------

Sleep Patterns by nourayasmine (17 pts)

I don't think I can say anything that'll do justice to this piece. Read the poem yourself, and you can see why this deserves to be on the front page. A masterful write that captures fear, and the poet's life. (10)

--

I know it’s nothing like sleep paralysis, but it’s terrifying so I cant can’t imagine how this feels waking up to something like that while in the back of your mind you go to sleep aware if it all. I dont think there are words in any dictionary to describe that. The format of this conveys so much more than what’s written. I’m sorry if I said anything that I shouldnt have, and thank you for sharing this with us (7)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derealization by shruti (11 pts)

Welcome back to P&Q! There's something haunting about this piece, the poet did an amazing job at capturing the feeling of the exact moment when their mind starts to leave the confines of 'reality', losing grasp on everything. (7)

-------

The title is so intriguing, I had so many thoughts in my mind before even reading the poem. Part ii from the poem gave me chills!! Because of the structure and the description in this poem, I was able to feel the poem. It made me feel anxious, I held my breath without realizing it, I’m not claustrophobic but I felt Im trapped and not belonging. And also for some reason I also felt I’m fee. It’s kind of sad how all those emotions go together. (4)

December 5th Closure by Savannah Points: (10 pts)

This poem is like a scene out of a really good movie. I was captivated by the first sentence, then as I read through the poem every word and sentence fell into the right place creating the perfect image in my mind. The emotions this poem conveys is something I could relate to. Someone once told me when I have a lot in my mind to write it down in paper then throw it away or burn it, and after trying that it really does bring some closure. Loved this and the way it felt so real!

Sweet Home by Bob Gallo (4 pts)

What a sweet poem, just dripping with love. The poet's muse must be special!

• Meena Krish replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congrats to the Winners and HM,
    Thank you judges for your time and Raina
    for hosting.

• Shruti
    2 years ago

Thank you for the nomination and the lovely comments. ^-^
    Congrats to the other winners and the HM!

• Larry Chamberlin replied to PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Congratulations to the winners! Nice to see returning members getting recognized.

Thanks to the judges and to Rania for hosting.