Weekly Contest Winners April 5, 2022!

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago

Hello everyone, hope you are doing well. We're left with one judge at the moment. Thank you to the other judges who volunteered until this day. Thank you to the one judge who voted for this weekend's poems, leaving us with three front page master pieces.

If you have time to read the weekly page, don't hesitate to volunteer too!

Since there are no HMs, will leave the comments on the three poems below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Becoming
    by BOB GALLO

The title that the poet has chosen for their piece, says it all once read. The length of the poem suits so well, as so much is said in few lines as possible.

A beautiful perspective on ‘Becoming’ as the poet makes good use of words chosen.

The last verse ended this poem in a wonderful way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two kinds of horror.
    by Poet on the Piano

A typical piece of writing that i had to read immediately again. The second time i could feel the depth of this poem filled with such sadness and despair. The poem pulled me in.

I felt totally absorbed with their pain and suffering of someone close, but sadly vacant in their life.

The contrast the poet uses with colours- colours which are used to express deep emotions of their desperation of loss.

A mixture of ‘two kinds of horror’ the hopelessness of a hollowness in their life, along with great sadness of colours that filled their life.

A powerful read of loss, but written beautifully.

Thank you for sharing, and keep writing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Land Art
    by cassie hughes

A nice and gentle tribute to nature, that flows like water itself. The poet displays an image of the sea and how it caresses the land.

Such a relaxing and meditative piece.

Well done.

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi all.

Congratulations to the front page poets.

To the judge for their time.
    Thank you to star for nominating my poem.

Much love. M :)

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Thanks, Rania, for hosting! And many thanks to the judge for their vote and comment. Congrats to cassie and ddavidd as well!