KILLER OF TIME

• miss scooby
    19 years ago

I agree with you about comments but personally i find that you comment the same "critical" comment on so many peoples poem. Also, to make a critical statement i think you must first be educated about poetry. Being critical is somewhat of a vast descion because a.)you are able to make ememies and b.)you may hurt the person's feelings but thats the chance you take. But RARELY do i see someone point out EXACT examples from a poem as if to say they are being critical but not knowing how. If you are going to be critical point out EXACT examples instead of a general statement because it does not come off as rude but gives the poet the chance to correct and reflect on his/her poetry.

Also that was your personal oppinion on what poetry is but to others it is different. It isn't just a way to express ones self nor tell a story. It's a way of life for people it's their heart such as myself. Poetry to me is the exact reason i live to think. Every thought, emotion, feeling etc etc goes down on paper and it doesnt just become a way of expression it had become life born into a world of others who think, dwell, and feel the same as you. It's not just an expression but....Life in the making and comfort to a bearer of pain.

• Barbara Jean
    19 years ago

well you know i understand you being honest "killer of time" but i dont really care what you think of my poem cause its my poetry. just cause one has a diffrent meaning of poetry doesnt mean its a poem. no what i mean? there is alot of types of poetry. we all got are own kind and way of doing them(writing) get wht im trying to say?

joyboy and scooby thanks for the comment. killer of time..well you understand were im coming from?.

oh yea and thanks joyboydude for being caring and showing your feelings.ect..

• Barbara Jean
    19 years ago

first of all how did he no i forced rhymed it?? and second who said anything about mine being published joyboy? i said it was going to be.
    my poem is my poem and how i write. there are so many dam ways i write my shit!!
    just have respect of what i write. and how i write poetry!! do you even understand were im coming from?
    and im not the only one with a harsh comment.i mean if you dont like the way i do my stuff then oh well. we just both do writing a diffrwent way.
    (poetry)
    do you see what im saying though?

oh and like someone saying my poem was short or not long enough...well poems can be how ever long or short you want them to be..

• miss scooby
    19 years ago

I understand what you are saying. People will like your poems and hate them....TO hell with them. You write because you want to write. Write because you love to write and never stop because someone has written a comment you find mean or rate you low, or knock you down. If you ask me you are DAMN good writer and if someone disagrees thats there choice.

"Never give people the satifaction of whatching you struggle, hold you head high and struggle that beautiful smile because it is you in the end who wins"

Lots of love
    Scooby

Oh why do i have a feeling the pot is about to be stirred..lol

• Brookeღ
    19 years ago

I don't think that anyone should quit writing because of someones comments. I do think that alot of people take Killer Of Time's opinions to heart. I believe that when he comments that is his honest opinion. If u don't like it just ignore it. The idea behind the comment box is to help give u an idea of what people think. You have to be able to take the good with the bad. I have learned alot from him with my writing. I am not saying everyone has to agree with him. It's just the fact if u ask for comments you have to be able to take comments from people who speak whats on their mind. I have taken his advice and for the short time I have been on here I would like to think that I have improved. But like everyone on here is saying everyone writes with their own style and might not want to change and that is fine. For me I like to take peoples comments and try to better my writing skills since I have not been doing this that long. I think alot of post have been made about the comments I think some people get their feelings hurt and it does hinder their writing. If that is how u feel maybe the comments aren't something u should read. It's all about u being happy with ur work. If u write for ur self then who cares what someone else thinks. Just giving my opinion. Morgan I think has alot of talent and I do take into consideration his input but that doesn't mean anyone else has to. U can also send him a private message and ask him what he meant by his comment. One persons comment u should not let get to u so much. I know u have gotten many good ones as well. Just wanted to state my opinion.
    Take Care!

• Brookeღ
    19 years ago

That's sad because I know some people when u ask for comments will be honest. For some people the honesty is more than they can handle. I hope she won't let it keep her down to where she stops writing. It's all about how she feels about her work. I only am saying this because she gets her feelings hurt to easy. Don't like the comments oh well life goes on.

• Bogie
    19 years ago

Bslocum21
    Well I must say after reading your poems
    they vary, but most are very good.
    Morgan (Killer Of Time) I think gives
    honest comments with helpful suggestions.
    Now that he has posted before me I have the
    Question, “ what about the all the comments
    on your poems that are not helpful like “bullshit”
    “this sucks” “ you can do better then that” and
    lots more like that. Why bash Morgan for a good
    informative critique. I think I would be more upset
    about the other comments. “Recognize” peace out

• Brookeღ
    19 years ago

I totally understand u Morgan and I am not the one bashing u on here! In fact I did stick up for u about this. I value ur opinion on here and have since I first became a member I have thought myself of taking my stuff off because there is so many childish kids on here. I write for fun and I know I wasn't any good but thanx to u I think I have come along way. Don't let this get u down!

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

Ok... well it may be a bit late to post this but I still am going to...
    A poet has the right to interperate anothers work however they want. It's the writers choice if they want to accept what is said and improve their skills, or just ignore it and not agree. Both ways are fine, but I don't think that this post was justified. There's no real good way of saying "not my style", is there?
    lol, ok sorry if I sound a tad rude, I am sure bslocum21 is a very talented writer. I just had to add my 2-cents.
    No harsh feelings... and sorry if my post is a little late, I didn't have the energy to read every post.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Killer of time, if you want all of those thoughtless and worthless comments removed, just hit them complain button and i'll zap them....they really don't serve anyone, least of all you.

oh and watch the swearing Mr man.

• Brookeღ
    19 years ago

Leave Killer of Time alone people what's the big deal he speaks what he feels and if u don't like the comment then ignore it! It's only to be helpful but I can see that some people can't handle that! The post on JPM was locked and I think this one should be as well. When u single out one person I don't think that is fair and he has said what he has to say! He doesn't care so leave it be! Plus what's one persons opinion matter when it's the same person probably trying to act like more than one person. I think alot of people need to grow up!

• Barbara Jean
    19 years ago

AGAIN AND AGAIN.......

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE WAY I DO MY WRITING POETRY!!

I CAN WRITE IT HOW EVER I WANT. AND IF YOU THINK I FORCED RHYMED IT WHATEVER!! I GUESS YOU ARE GOD OF POETRY RIGHT?!. YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT POETRY. YOU DONT NO ANYTHING. .. BUT YOU KNOW I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK ON MY POEM..
    ITS HOW I LIKE IT AND HOW I DO MY OWN STUFF!!\
    JUST CAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT YOUR WAY...SCREW YOU . YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THAT I SAID APARENTLY.
    I THINK ITS FUNNY. AND YOU KNOW IM NOT CHANGING ANYTHING FOR NO ONE..
    THIS IS STUPID.

THANKS JOYBOY FOR STARTING THIS POST..

IF PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEM ABOUT ME AND WHAT I WRITE THEN KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF!!
    WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I think you're all over reacting. look at some of the constructive critisism I give Kaitlin. It isn't that much different and you don't see her and Bob going into one on me do you?

He's offering constructive advice to help you improve as a writer, take it as it given.

• Hurtingsoul
    19 years ago

i really dont want to be in this is just that
    almost all his comments are the same thing like
    i felt like the rhyme was forced better if you didnt rhyme at all"
    he said that three times on my three different poems
    by the way can you be specific cause i take it you dont like my poems at all
    also i kinda have my own style very different from yours just becuase it aint the same does not mean you go all hate on my poems
    no offense killer of time!!!!!!!!!!!
    just giving an opinion just like you

• Barbara Jean
    19 years ago

so he used the same saying to others too??

well well.............

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

The writers (like Bret, Bob, Friends~, Kevin, FTS Miles, etc.) that give GOOD and HONEST criticism make me grow as a writer, the people who leave "great job, you've got talent" fluff my ego, but they dont make me grow.

Both are nice, and both are necessary, but if I had to choose, I would go with honest criticism any day.

• Brookeღ
    19 years ago

I agree with u on that I need the comments to help me grow as a writer. I leave the comments that are more like u have talent because I am not in any position to give advice not even close yet. But with help from others maybe one day I can. I enjoy writing and I would love to improve. Thats why I think this is uncalled for. I think Morgan has gave me great advice and some others as well. Thats why I think it's so bad that they are just focusing on Morgan.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

My grandaddy used to say that I have two ears and one mouth and to use them in that proportion.

Needless to say I dont listen very well *smirk*

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

bslocum21,

Calming down would be great, so if you could go ahead and do that, I'll consider it a personal favor and owe you one.

I am on the side of Killer of Time for this one. A "forced" rhyme doesn't have to be one that you had to look up in a rhyming dictionary, it is one that you added in because you were fulfilling a particular rhyme scheme, to the detriment of your poem's meaning.

If you REALLY REALLY write for yourself, then don't post for the world to see. If you write to recieve congratulations, then ignore those of us who feel that honest criticism is important. And finally, if you truly want to have your poems critiqued and for your writing style to improve, take the critques with the praise, bite your lip and learn. I've actually ended up smiling every time someone comments with a beginning like "I didn't really like it because of..."

Just think about it.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

SOLUTION

If you cannot handle criticism in your work then a) DO NOT FRICKEN POST IT ON HERE FOOL - there is bound to be one person who doesn't enjoy your piece as much as you would like - deal with it you cannot please everyone - try writing to please yourself
    b) only show your poetry to people you know are guaranteed to sugar coat what you would like to hear rather than what is truth

She was completely accurate in her comments of your poetry - she even gave you criticism you are able to work with - what more could you want!?

Bslocum21 - Please comment on my poetry I respect and work with feedback from people like yourself :o)

• Barbara Jean
    19 years ago

thanks..

well im done with this post and im going on cause this is stupid.
    killer if your going to leave this site over something stupid then your........

but anyways, i know alot of people who like my poems and that is all that matters!!
    they like how i write and how i do my own crap............................................

the end.

• Barbara Jean
    19 years ago

lol...lol.....lol..........lol.....

i dont care anymore!!!!! you know.. i hate your poems. sorry i couldnt write my poems your way and the way you like it...............

do you see care in my eyes???.......no

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

Okay I think everyone has said their piece, so I'm going to lock the thread now. The two main...uh... arguers... have presented their case and got just about nowhere. Locking...