I need a question answered..

• LinkinParkFreak
    19 years ago

Do you think that people who write poetry are freaks because some girls made fun of me because I enjoy writing poems....I thought it was so rude , she didn;t even know me and she was already juddging me... what do you guys think?

*Rissa*

• Pianist
    19 years ago

Everybody has their talents and hobbies. Yes, people can judge you, but it is up to you to decide if you are going to let them get to you or not.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

I don't think this was a question, I think you were looking for support. You already knew the answer before you asked it.

• Pianist
    19 years ago

pinkalias: would you like to be my shrink? lmao

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I am proud to be a freak. And if freak I am, just because I am different, freak I will be!
    *cough*
    Ok, sorry I am kinda in a weird mood now.

• kaufy
    19 years ago

I think that writing poetry is very personal, and a great way to express yourself. It scares people that you might be deep and wise, when they know how shallow they are.
    If it concerns you somuch, maybe restrict conversations like this to people joint to the sight. You may not be able to see their faces, but you already have one thing in common with them.

• kaufy
    19 years ago

So long as you are happy, why care what 'some girls' think?
    Are they your friends?

• Jessy
    19 years ago

dude violaxcore your an ass

• unprotected lover
    19 years ago

i agree, ok well anyways they're just jelous because they cant write. lol, but anyways no you are not a freak, just keep up your work, and ignore those dumbasses

• unprotected lover
    19 years ago

all poetry is art, an art of emotions, thoughts, feelings, and words whats so wrong with that?
    actually alot of people cant write poetry, so just think of it as uique and brag about it

• Carlee Ann
    19 years ago

I must agree, too. Poetry is not a freak thing. Everyone has their own "thing." People express their inner feelings in their own way... Just because you do it through words doesn't mean you are a freak. Sure, people are gonna make fun and stuff, but it doesn't matter. If this is what you love to do, do it. That's all that matters.
    Car

• Jessy
    19 years ago

no i dont think n-e of the people are freaks who write the people are jealouse that awriting i not ont here strong side now who agrees with me

• Tarikins
    19 years ago

They can call us what ever they want. Writing poetry is an art and obviously they are too blind to see that you are doing what you love. Besides poetry is all around us, in songs and books ect. Hell I guess their favorite bands are freaks too eh? Because they are poets also. Ignore them and go on doing what you love.
    -CrypticTears

If none of that makes sense its because I am still partly asleep.

• ANGEL_OF_DARKNESS
    18 years ago

People who write poems arn't freaks. that's so stupid. they only write poems bcuz they can. i have been writin poems since i waz bout 9. my mom thought they were realy good and so did every1 else who read them. no one's ever called me a freak for writin poems. i also have this book that i have been writin 4 a year and it's still not finished. it's called sweet 16. when i get it published i hope u all give it a read... so yeah.
    lyndi Xx

• ღ.:Krissy:.ღ
    18 years ago

People who write poems are definitely not freaks. And I agree with Bob Shank. I don't want to be cool or popular. People call me a "prep" and everything just because I do well in school and kind of like it. But don't consider yourself a freak. I love writing poetry, and I don't think I'm a freak.

~Krissy

• N J Thornton
    18 years ago

The thing you have to remember with all human beings is the tendency to lack enthusiasm toward things they do not understand. People are referred to as many things just because they are not “understood” it’s an unfortunate fact we have to deal with. In my opinion, poets are no more freaks than people who play golf, sail the world, or believe in God.