Why pick those poems?

• Natalie84
    19 years ago

I agree with you Killer...I mean kind of...I honestly think NONE of the poems were worthy of getting up there. I am confident in my writing and I love it, please don't get me wrong. However, I know the level of talent on this site goes way beyond anything I could ever write. I'm not saying that any of the poems were bad either, just that I have read poems that were better, better than all of them including my own...

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Oh, well at least you arent JUST targetting me anymore ;)

To comment on your other comment about mine being listen before the other two, which you think are better, how they are listed is based upon rating, just like the top 5. This week, those are considered the top 3. You've been here long enough that I would think you would know how the website works ;)

Anyway, we all have our own tastes. Start your own website and pick yours and born2's poems every week.

I often dont think that the poems that win the weekly awards are the best I have seen, but the elves cannot read every single poem.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

KoT, I think you should be commenting on all three poems on how they can be improved instead of merely stating that they don't deserve the acclaim.

We're supposed to be helping each other to improve as poets and writers, not just slagging off work we find unworthy.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I smell jealousy...

They might not be your taste but obviously are worthy of being there as they were put into that category by PNQ members voting...

Love your work Kaitlin - glad your not taking this to heart hun cause it is a great piece

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Well when you simply claim these poems are worthy of Top Rated status - but don't give technical reasons as to why it appears to be jealousy to me - we are here to help improve and learn from each other Killer of Time...:OS

• Michael D Nalley
    19 years ago

Your not like my sister are you koT... As best I can figure she has a right to her OPINION and I have a right to her OPINION also .. I don't want to force my OPINION on you, but in my opinion every one has there own opinion on what poetry should be. if every one had the same taste we would only read one poet

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Michael that last line of your post had such truth Id never thought of it from that perspective - nicely stated my friend and a damn good point

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Just because people have F awards doesn’t mean that people like them... it means that they have good poetry.

And you KNOW you do, that's your problem. Get over it, read other peoples poems, give back to the poetic community and stop proving the generalization correct that poets are pompous assholes. Have consideration and PROVE how smart and good you are, rather than TELL them.

Good poets don’t need to talk about themselves and prove/ alert people of how good they are. If you didn’t notice, you're not the only one with a gold award and readers here. It's funny how you feel the need to proceed every self centered statement you make with "I'm not self involved, jealous, or egotistic." It seems like you get told that an awful lot for it not to be true, so instead of just throwing those comments to the side how about you look at it as constructive criticism and do some self-analysis.

No one has ever called me self involved, self-promoting, or jealous on these forums, you want to know why? Because I'm not- therefore I don’t come off that way. The worst I have ever been called is HUGEly opinionated, and I will claim that title as this very post is proof of that, honest is another label that gets slapped on me, which is also proven through this post.

Being a jerk invites other jerks to come party at your expense. I'm not a bad poet, I know that, but I don’t feel the need to go telling people about it, you're not either, we all know that you're better than average, but lets face it... NONE of us are Shakespeare, so lets take this for what it is.

No offense (if I say that first does it help?) but the ego that emanates from your comments and posts is so stifling that it overshadows any constructive comments that you can give, not that I have seen you give many that help make people grow. The nepotism is as blatant as the ego, you'll support anyone who jumps on your bandwagon. I told you that last week, which is why you targeted me today.

Although you look up to certain poets on this site, you make it very clear that you find yourself a poetic god of some sort, which is an absolute joke, and although you will deny anything negative stated about you, the way you present yourself proves otherwise.

Although I would like to finish this with a "shut up," I will refrain, because enough people have gotten on your case in this post, although I find many of them have sugar coated their messages with innuendos to not position themselves to feel any wrath from another, I feel no reason to spare your overtly expanded ego (anyone who calls it confidence is trying to be nice to you).

The fact that you can even log onto the site is surprising, maybe that's why the server has been clogged lately, your ego is overtaking it.

That's my opinion, if anyone thinks I'm being too harsh they're mistaken, I'm being too honest.

Stop being a jerk, people will LIKE you, not just read your poetry.

cheers.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

There are the funny and tolerable jerks, and then there are the intolerable jerks that need to get a life so that we dont have to put up with them.

I'm proud to announce you're a tolerable jerk ;).

Here's a clue: Dont mess with another jerk, come to an understanding.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Killer, you're such a despicable jerk; I can’t even believe your jealousy and your ego. I can just imagine the down votes I'll be getting after this one, but at the end of the day I'm grateful, because I'm not you.

You'll support any idiot who jumps on your band wagon, and the reason that your supporters are mediocre minds and poets is because any of the good ones with half a brain will have no respect for you outside of literature, and you still have a lot of room to grow. I don’t care if you're Christian, you're an idiot, a smart, but limited, idiot. Put some of the energy you waste on promoting yourself into your work and you'll move into a whole nother echelon of talent, but right now, you have little room to talk.

And to say that Born2's poetry is more deserving than the work that is normally on the top 3 of the title is another joke. You should go into comedy, because you're too full of crap to ever take off as a serious poet. Find better poets to promote, when you take a break from promoting yourself.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Take your head out of your butt
    2. Pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow it, because we dont care WHAT you have to say
    3. Cut holes for your eyes and read some quality poetry so that you learn what it is
    4. Get over yourself if you can jump high enough to get over your napolean complex and jealousy issues.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

WOW, Bob and Kaitlin... that was very powerful... I somewhat agree, but I am in no way getting involved in this arguement.

Oh and to the three people that made the top poetry list: WELL DONE, I think you all have SUPERB poems and that you all deserved it.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

You need not get involved, ShadowedPoet, but at the same time thank you for the "somewhat" support ;)

We all know what's true and no one wants to mess with him, Bob has already said his track record.

I hope you lose your voting priveledges for you what you did.

• Pianist
    19 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is too great...

Killer you moron

Go ahead and vote me ones ... why would I care about your vote anyway?

Anybody who looks up to born is an idiot in my eyes...

You are a failure as a poet... You care far too much about the non-important things in poetry...

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

In case you haven’t noticed, I am not the only one who has been telling you what a jerk you are. These things are commonly known about you.

I don’t care about any comment you could leave me, I have zero respect for your opinion so don’t bother going to the trouble.

I also said my "piece", not "peace." Learn English.

I also don’t feel the need to do you any sort of favor; so don’t bother to invite me to do so.

You are a walking contradiction, you were above talking about how all these people like you because you have a stupid gold F award and then you go on to say: "few people on this site like me or even listen to a word that I have to say," although at least you are open to admitting the truth about yourself now.

And for public stance and people's opinions not "bothering" or "mattering" to you, you sure do go to great lengths to prove yourself in an egotistic or jealous way.

You will never be redeemed for the acts that you have committed; you dare call yourself a poet who gives back to the literary community.

I never said no one can tolerate you. I said few people LIKE or RESPECT you. There is a difference.

I never told you that you needed to prove yourself anyway, I dont care WHAT you choose to do as long as you arent throwing your stuff in my direction.

I don’t take offense to constructive comments; I take offense to little jerks who are disrespectful, idiotic, egotistic, jealous, and self-promoting.

You wont change anyone’s opinion of you by defending your reputation while bragging.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Oh please, poke at almost anything about me but my intelligence!

"Have consideration and PROVE how smart and good you are, rather than TELL them."

"RATHER" than tell them, meaning that it is above the alternative aforementioned.

And considering it would be a NEW opinion and not a generally known judgment about me, that's so none threatening. Especially because your opinion is the antithesis of anything important and no one cares.

So while you're busy pondering what "we'll [you'll] never know," I'll rest assured that my intelligence is still untouched and unscathed by your idiocy.

The sad thing is that you're a smart idiot, and you are wasting your potential by being stuck behind your ego.

Give it up.

• Incognito
    19 years ago

Wow. How much of poetry is politics.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

None of poetry should be about politics, but there are P&Q politics that are relevent to social standing among the community of poets.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

In fact, here is another quote from my first post:

"Good poets don’t need to talk about themselves and prove/ alert people of how good they are."

Mediocre poets feel the need to do so. Your work should speak for itself, you shouldnt have to talk about it or create posts about yourself.

Shut up and dont bother to read between the lines when the lines themselves read quite blatantly and obviously.

You have two eyes, two ears, and one mouth. Use them in that proportional ratio.