Intelligent Chat

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

All the intelligent chat threads are dead, and that makes my work day very boring.

Someone with some intelligent ideas, please start up a conversation that wont die in 40 posts...

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol, your queen.

Taxes: They suck, very badly, might I add,
    Peanut Butter: Very yummylicious. I LOVE peanut butter.
    Mold (more specifically toilet seat mold): Gross.

• Nicholle
    19 years ago

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

The fundamental questions in life are not discussed by the average person because they chauk it up to "God," or something else unexplainable.

This is why religious teachings work so extraordinarily well, if you offer someone an answer and dont make them think for themselves, they will do as you say. It's the same concept as "give a man a fish, he eats for a night, teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime." If you control someones flow of education and information, you control their potential and their destiny.

It is the minds who rise above and dare to ask "why" that make this world great. Those who strive for better and more TRUE understanding, the true seekers.

The average person just doesnt care, they figure they should have all their bases covered, in case there is a God or in case there is a Devil. That is the answer I run into most frequently whenever I ask a person "why do you believe what you do?" Most people dont know, they just do what they are told.

I have come to the conclusion throughout my 16 short years that most people are retarded sheep.

They dont care to know better, and you cannot help someone who does not want help.

In the end, I blame religion, because it puts a cork in the bottle of spirituality, containing it and limiting ones awareness.

The average person is religious, almost 1/3 of the population is Christian (most of those being some form of Catholic), and religion gives you all the answers. Where did we come from? "The Bible says..." Why are we here? "The Bible says..." Did we evolve? "The Bible says..." But what happens when you dare step outside the Bible? The big, scary, unexplained comes at you faster than a speeding bullet, which is discomforting to say the least.

In short, the average person feels no need to discuss these things because "The Bible says..." What's the point in discussing something that is generally "understood?"

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

People are obviously limited by their comprehensive ability.

You have a box, and only so much can fit inside that box.

There was a thread in the "Other" category that was talking about the movie "What the Bleep do We Know?" The girl who brought up the topic said that it was way over her head (out of her box).

If you dont have the intelligence or tools to comprehend something, you obviously cannot successfully understand it, however you can also limit potential (which I think religion is responsible for).

Each person starts life with a box. It can then get restricted or it can get stretched. It gets restricted by things such as religion or societal stigma that put boundaries on things or answer questions without any searching or pondering on behalf of the person. It gets stretched by having to reach outside of itself for comprehension, by seeking.

People either have desires to grow or they do not. I think it is that quality that truly determines whether people care to talk about these subjects. If they are a natural wonderer they are bound to stumble across these subjects and their box is bound to be stretched. If they dont wonder, their box gets restricted by easy answers and times eventual progression.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I cant answer this question.

But I dont smoke, so I know it's not that.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

wow, this really is boring

bring in someone like bret or matt, that'll be entertaining

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I know, where are my tigers :(

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

No. You're not my tiger!!!

I need my little tiger and my big tiger.

Big tiger hasnt been around for a while. I hope he's feeling better.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

This religious topic has been flogged to death....i guess we all have our cross to bear though...hee hee.

Why don't we talk about the power of thoughts eh kids.

See i'm of the quantum opinion that all thought is energy, and since all energy is basically the same, and everything in the universe we know about is at heart, made up of this energy, then that means that logically on some level, our thoughts are connected to everything in the universe, including most notably, other people.

Now then now then, if this be true, what say you to the idea that thinking negatively can in a spiritual energy manner, draw events and people to you who might confirm what you're thinking or desiring...or just be attracted to whatever it is you want or feel?

I believe in this 100%....whenever i'm feeling a little crappy..i always end up meeting complete rebounds...like really messed up people...yet when i'm in fine fettle...this seems to be mirrored in the random encounters i have....and also..if i have a question that is really eating me up....usually within a week someone without any word from me will start talking about the very thing i need to know...and sometimes this can be really obscure things...

So yeah...have a thinkand get stuck in...but be careful what you think about...
    : )

• Dorotea©
    19 years ago

Ugh...boring topic. We need something very intelligent. Anyone with ideas?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

You dont get much more intelligent than quantum physics unless you want to get into rocket science, which in the end is in actuality probably less complicated.

I'll be back to comment later.

• Michael D Nalley
    19 years ago

yes it seems that dogmatic people are the most competetive but it seems, from my observation, it is human nature to be competetive. Christians can be the worst about trying to put God in box for their own purposes even while I am writting this I COULD QUESTION MY MOTIVATIONS camparitively I am only going to connect with a very small amout of people when we leave the securiy of our box we feel threatened
    For instance if we don't like the thought we try to change it weather it be our own or others. We become bored if we feel disconnected or missunderstood. Many people try to get out of the box to find peace, only to be rediculed, mocked, and slurred.... the lyrics of John Lennon's song
    IMAGINE ] REFLECT THE FEELING THAT RELIGION IS FAILING IN ITS MISSION.Imagine Imagine there's no heaven,It's easy if you try,No hell below us,Above us only sky,Imagine all the people
    living for today...Imagine there's no countries,
    It isnt hard to do,Nothing to kill or die for,
    No religion too,Imagine all the people
    living life in peace...Imagine no possesions,
    I wonder if you can,No need for greed or hunger,
    A brotherhood of man,Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...You may say Im a dreamer,
    but Im not the only one,I hope some day you'll join us,
    And the world will live as one.
    But I can see that their is power in any united group of people. I agree that it seems that there is a force that is always there to influence us .Some have a higher capacity in thier box

• Michael D Nalley
    19 years ago

I would like to canonize myself as the patron saint of honest liars who take pride in humility or the patron saint of really bad spellers. why? because i find truth to be difficult even though i love it and i can't spell worth a sit

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Miss Patron Saint of Virgin's who know a lot about Sex.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

I am the patron Saint of frowning.

• Michael D Nalley
    19 years ago

masterdebater

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Why are you nit picking me? Dont you have better (bigger) idiots to argue with?

I didnt say: "Virgins who have experienced sex"

That would be self defeating.

I KNOW a lot about it. Anyone that reads a lot about Africa still KNOWS a lot about Africa. Having knowledge of something and experiencing it are very different things. I know more about it than many people that have had it.

Experience does not bring clarity of mind.

Plus, I was being a bit sarcastic.

And I disagree that you're the partron saint of bodily functions, simply because you dont talk about them nearly as much as you talk about:

*Your balls
    *Alcohol
    *Idiots that you argue with.

Therefore, you could be the Patron Saint of big balled men everywhere, of alcholics, or head patron saint of the idiots.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Yes, I've seen the move, and I agree with that, but bottom line: I still KNOW a lot about it.

And for the record, I support you being the patron saint of bodily functions if you want to be.

Someones ass, my nose and mouth. Grody.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol, I didnt say I liked it. I said I would give it to them how they wanted it, I made no comment on the level of grodyness involved.

And I'm a virgin, but how do you know I havent tossed a few salads in my time? Or that my salad is still untossed? ;)

• R F
    19 years ago

ah oh : S

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol, get a sense of humor.

And if you dont care, stop acting so concerned.

• paperdoll
    19 years ago

I am the Patron Saint of Inappropriate Jokes in the Pauses of Really Awakward Conversations.

I was thinking of becoming the Patron Saint of Teenagers Who Post Pretentious Comments on Discussion Boards in Which They Have No Interest in Whatsoever, but apparently the rules say you can't be two different Patron Saints at once. Besides, the name's a little lengthy.

Cheers, paperdoll.