Why do you say the things you do?

• Madison
    20 years ago

Ok well i'm not trying to sound all mean and all, but it just hurts when i write about something very personal to me, like RAPE. I know that not all the story is tru, like the end when the little girl is dead, but the rest is based on what happened to me, and when i get comments saying its not true and its a gay story, it really hurts..

Mabye i'm just over reacting, i could use your advice

• blackrose1011
    18 years ago

poetry is ment to be an expression of yourslef, what you see happening, what you wished wouldnt have, or would have, even the most extreams of your mind.

I talk about my boyfriend alot, but hes a good exsaple of this. he only writes to the extream, eather its perfect, or they all die. i mean its just how he is. its not bad what you say. its just how you chose to express yourself. and dont be scared to either.

poetry saved my life. its your way of escaping, and realising your lucky to be alive. and knowone has the right to knock you for it!

• EoB
    18 years ago

they are the gay ones

• Sean
    18 years ago

Anybody who'd insult your work, is worth ignoring.

Though, don't expect because it's from the heart or a real experience you are commenting on makes any difference in the quality and aproach to critique to your piece.

End of the day, it's what the writer inspires in the reader which counts, not the reader to make you feel good about your work.

• blackrose1011
    18 years ago

who???????

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

The hags that say that about your poetry, they suck. It doesn't matter what they say, when your poetry has that deep of a meaning to you, nobody else matters......hmm....can't think of anything else to say....what a shock....i will be back probably....

Peace and Take Care....

• »«¤ß詤»«
    18 years ago

if its personal to you... the poem i mean shake it off the poem is special to you and that should be what matters

• ღ.:Krissy:.ღ
    18 years ago

If this happened to you, then nobody else can tell you it didn't. Don't let them get you down about something as personal as this when you know it's true. Just ignore them.

~Krissy