Should it be legalized?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

lmao

• juss an allycat
    18 years ago

prostitutes kno the risks
    juss cos summats illegal, ppl still do it, gives ppl more reason to do it
    hookers r juss filling a need in the community, ppl disagree with me here but its tru. sum ppl cant get laid so theres a need 4 it

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I think it should, as a basic freedom sex is a wonderful thing...there is of course the dark side to it, as with everything involving human interaction. But if it were legalised it could be made much safer for the girls....free condoms, tests, pre-set areas where the men can go...

It has been tried over here in Manchester i think, and it was a great success...

• Brookeღ
    18 years ago

I think that it would send the wrong message to the younger generation. I feel that young kids today don't have respect for their bodies as it is. I think the money and life style they might find glamorous at first. In reality it can be very danerous too. Not just with the diseases they might come into contact with but the peril of being beaten or even killed. You hear about prostitutes being killed by these men that have no respect for women. They think of these people not as human beings but as easy targets. When you look at it in a different prospect it has been a life long profession. I live in a small town and we see very little prostitution but don't get me wrong I am not naive I know it's out there. Good question! The more I think about it I would have to say no!

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

I don't think so....because even if the prostitutes had to go through tests for STDs the men coming in and out could have anything and condoms aren't 100% reliable. Like someone else said I also think it would send the wrong message to young people and it would be so dangerous.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Good topic by the way...

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

It wouldn't matter to me if they made 10,000 for a bj, it's still nasty. Condoms can break, why would women want to take that chance time after time...I don't personally understand it but what ever. I would never sell my body, even if it was legal every where.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I think that the question is to be personally answered morally and ethically as to if someone would be willing to sell their body.

I dont think that it is right for the government to impose on something of this nature.

If people want to capitalize on their bodies, I say let them, it would be far better to have the profession monitered for standards of health for all involved, the people who do the selling and those that do the buying, rather than have the black market effect.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

So true Bob.

Everyone prostitutes EVERYTHING at one time or another, man or woman.

People dont even realize it. All of life is about prostitution.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Example...?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

People give of themselves to another person to get something they want.

That's all prostitution is... giving of yourself in return for something you want.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I know a guy who lives by a strict ethic, that is if animals don't do it, we humans shouldn't really do it either.

Now, as for paying for sex, some animals do bring their prospective mating partners little presents to get them to have sex with them. Now this isn't exactly the same as paying for sex, but the drive to have sex with someone comes from the drive to procreate, even if you don't want kids as an end result...and we bring things to people we want to mate with...we take them out to dinner, concerts, we buy them things.

From a certain point of view, every date you've ever been on where you had sex with that person..has been a varient of prostitution.

You can't deny the sexual impulse, you can only divert it by rules and stigma into more unhealthy expresses of sexual desire, like rape.

• cant sleep
    18 years ago

i think that it should be legalized, cuz how else am i supposed to make my money when im older? i dont have any other skills. damn it!

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Lucky for me stripping is already legal ;)

• Elissa
    18 years ago

lol those are some pretty good names

• Laura
    18 years ago

i like what i am and how i am. if you have a problem with prostitution...you can take it up with me after you pay me my money....

im expensive.

you. cant. handle. this.

• Sarah Ann
    18 years ago

No way. The world is bad enough as it is...We don't need something like that to be legalized...The whole world will have aids...Something we don't have a cure for...And today's young teens will find it amusing...Something they would like to do. Then what would the world come to. Anyway it wouldnt matter because people are up to it anyway.

• !*!Zoe!*!
    18 years ago

It's legal here.

• :::HOPE:::
    18 years ago

idk if it legal here or not but it would be pretty hard to to buy me becuz my body is worth more than a couple bucks lol jkjk!

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

I have to agree with melissa and tristan there. Legalize prostitution? No way.

*This coming from someone who was just complaining about pre-marital sex in another room.