Whenn good intent goes bad

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Wait what? Clarify...please. How does being true and honest to yourself have something to do with being mean to others?...

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I think many of these people (and myself sometimes included) only have intentions to be honest (with everyone), no matter how blatant or agressive, and I believe that they stick to their intentions quite well.

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Well, for one thing, I'd say those intentions were lost when they came and saw hopeless threads on these forums about cutting, suicide, etc. Who wants to listen to somebody say "im gonna cut, u want to help me stop?...maybe ill commit suicide after that too." Stuff like that. See people like that only want attention, and when others, like me for example, come across those threads I'm pretty blunt, because even if I gave them reasons not to cut they wouldn't listen. So there. I think it's the hopeless attention seeking thread posters that make others blunt and aggressive.

I disagree with you saying that the person looses their good intentions by then. Of course I'd wanna help someone if they truly needed it, but if they obviously don't then I'm very blunt, and maybe even aggressive.

I know somepeople are blunt and aggressive to everyone no matter the situation, but I doubt those people even had good intentions in the beginning.

Satuxxa

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Hmm...
    Hard question. I'd say that there isn't exactly a clear "line" in between those two...which you'd cross and become the other. No.

My opinion:

The people who are blunt and aggressive are being true to themselves. They're following human nature, which is basically to defend yourself and forget about other's feelings. I'm not saying that is good though, thought sometimes it's good to be blunt and say exactly how you feel.

The others, the ones that are "nice" ones, aren't being true to themselves. They try to make everyone feel so good and they feel bad for people...and they're the ones writing comments like this, "wonderful poem, please comment back."

I think the people in between, who value their own ideas and beliefs but who understand others, are the ones that are the "best," so to say. (This is also the category in which I'd most likely want to be)

I hope that clarified my point, though it's probably still confusing.

Satuxxa

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Ashley:
    I think you should just quit your crying. People are different. I can come on here and be blunt and not feel bad about it all but others may want to go about saying things a different way. Everyone is different, if you can't handle it then don't come on the forums anymore.

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Okay.
    Yes some people are pretty much "nice" and they are totally innocent. Of course there are those types of people, but I believe that there are some who act that way but they're really the opposite. If you hurt them, they're sweet words will turn into swear words and they'll cuss at you.

But that's not exactly the point. lol.

Who you are is who you are inside. People often think somebody is mean just because they say mean stuff, but what's on the inside truly defines the person. Often a person's friend may have no idea who the person really is, because they wear a "mask" and hide who they really are. People are scared to be themselves because they're scared of what others would think.

Well, I'll come back tomorrow, but i gotta get some sleep now. I'll have better ideas by then ;)

Satuxxa

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Natalie84

Lol. I doubt you read the post. If you had, you would have understood that Ashley is only asking a question. He isn't bashing anyone. He just wants to define a person. So there. Calm down.

Satuxxa

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

I wasn't bashing anyone either and I understood the post.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Are you upset because people are too blunt and aggressive towards you? Seems like it. My intentions for this site were not to make friends, it was to share my poetry and read others poetry. Which I have done and continue to do. Would that make my intentions bad because I can be blunt in a forum about something that I don’t like or agree with? I don’t think so. It just makes me different from you. Just because you choose to be cute ans sweet doesn't mean I have to. I don't think being honest and true to yourself has anything to do with how you react to people on this site either. I am myself on here. I don’t act any different on here than I do in real life. I don’t sugar coat anything and I don’t bite my tongue for anyone. When I want to say something I say it and I am the same on here.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

You said not to talk about you that way....How did I talk about you? What exactly did I say about you that was so bad? And what did I assume? I didn't assume anything. I asked a question and simply stated how I personally took your question. Big whoop. I did say all that I said about myself with as much certainty as possible because what I said was all true, real life.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

The nice and "innocent" people will get run over all their lives by blunt and aggressive people for the sake of getting things done. The naivity that seems to eminate from these people will eventually be "trained" out of them by harsher personalities, because it's sometimes not easy to tolerate, and they dont want to use "kid gloves" to handle adults.

I dont think that being harsh or blunt is not being true to yourself, my personal purpose for interation with ANYONE, whether it be on the forums or in my life, is to educate and be educated, not to be nice or for other people to be nice to me- ultimately, being nice isnt what matters, but it's a great side benefit and I generallly wish people were nicer.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Ashley:

Whether you want to see it or not I didn't say anything bad about you nor did I assume anything about you. I was using you as in you personally or anyone else. I said stop your crying because in this post it seems as though you are bitching about people being blunt and agressive. I don't think that you were ACTUALLY crying. Seriously you are trying to make something out of nothing and that is just silly. How you react to people on here is not how everyone else does (and I am not assuming that you DON'T already know that) so I don't know why this would even be a question in your mind. I don't see how someone being true and honest to themselves has anything to do with them being aggressive and blunt.

And I am not ASSUMING you and I are different, I KNOW we are different.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

If you knew you were right Ashley you wouldn't have made this post...

I'm not sure what facts you think I'm ignoring since there are NO facts on this thread.

• Laura
    18 years ago

'Let me put it to you this way, when I was younger I lied constantly, I lied so much, that even my reality became a lie...'

i agree with that....when you go through things like that it comes back at you. makes you want to be as honest as possible....me, personally, sometimes i do get agressive and maybe even rude at times...because i can get very opinionated....i dont really think that you can say that there is a line between honest and rude....its all personal opinion.

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

I try to state my opinion as honestly as I can. I sometimes see myself as a debator. Internet discussions are a good way to try to separate our emotions from our intellect. Most of us are passionate about our opinions. Some of us don't let the truth get in the way of winning an arguement.
    If all else fails change the subject

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I think that it is a valuable skill to seperate your intellectually based opinions from your emotionally based opinions, and I think more people would do well to master the fine art.

Indifference is a great mind set.

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

We feel the same way about you...