Give me some feedback oh literary greats

• Mel
    18 years ago

The 'pessimist' betrays him/er self due to the very fact they have 'smiled' and responded positively to a situation/thing/object. However, due to their nature, they will then go on to deconstruct the positive stimulus and turn it into a negative...that is the treachery: positivity forever deferred. Thus, the pessimist cheats him/erself out of beauty and adventure.

The 'optimist' does the same in reverese.

Edited for clarity on the 25th, ah.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

(My brain is totally not up for this today)

*drinks coffee.*

• Mel
    18 years ago

Oh, I see. The 'treachery' was a backward looking, learned lesson from it, type of thing. I was, and so was everyone else, projecting it forward. Now I'm not making sense!

But, yep, I tend to agree with you on this one Bob. And in all the scenarios. 'Though a pessimist is a pain in the arse to have around if you're hanging out in a bar trying to eye the local talent!

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

Many philosophers do not believe that evil is a reality. That evil is simply the absence of good. There are a lot of good ways a person can be evil. And many bad ways we can be good. It is my belief that there is good in the worst of us, and bad in the best of us. If I do not perceive starvation as a good thing I might not wait for you to die to end my suffering. The terrorist that killed innocent people on 9/11/01 perceived that good would come from their actions. I think I understand what you mean by false reality. I believe you mean a loss of reality. It is my belief that truth is constant and it is only understanding of truth that changes. I also believe that there is pessimism and optimism in all of us. When I am pessimistic I look for another meaning to a smile. I know from experience that there are many that will smile to your face while contemplating stabbing you in the back. But that does not mean everyone is like them. At night when the sun goes down I am confident it will rise again