depressing poetry

• Morgan
    18 years ago

i dont' know about you but i write depressing poetry and i read depressing poetry. i know it doesnt' help me. but i like to read it b/c i can relate to it and it helps me with my own writing...what kind of poetry do you like and why.

• Pianist
    18 years ago

Same here bob...

When I first began, my poetry was depressing as hell

but...

I came to realize you gain so much more pride in your work when it is presented to help others.

My opinion on the depression section:

Depression poetry is depressing

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

I like everything... but i write mostly sad/depressing poems, because i was fighting depression for about a year. And i just write what was going on in my life.
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• LAST RONIN
    18 years ago

Sad, because its addictive

• Synyster
    18 years ago

i write depressing poetry, because it's my way to vent...get release...

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

I believe this is a discussion not a request forum for youself.

I love all poetry. I write all different kinds of poetry but I write more love poems than anything else. Depressing subjects are not my forte though I have written a few.

• Andrea
    18 years ago

I enjoy reading different varieties. Occasionally it gets boring reading the same subject repeatedly. Anything that is obvious how much effort and meaning went towards the poem, I like.

• Synyster
    18 years ago

PHIL: I need some ratings and comments on my work. I'm looking to make some of them into songs for my band (Death of the Decadent), and I want to know what you like/don't like. So go to my poems page and rate/comment, and I will try to do the same for you. Deal? Alright, then. Lata.

• RachelAnne
    18 years ago

i do depressing songs and poems.... im odd i guess

• tiffy
    18 years ago

No your not. so many of my patents read sad poems. it shows them that their lives arent that bad. just remember that as long as you hve hope and love your life will be amazing!!!!!!!

sadSHRINK

• Synyster
    18 years ago

I wouldn't go as far as the whole "love" thing, but sure. Hope is all you need in life. Writing sad poetry helps you express your emotions in a better way than some of the other more harmful options out there...

• Charlotte
    18 years ago

I like all kinds of poetry, really. I really love to read about true love, but i also enjoy readin g about death and pain... Very strange.. My two favoritethings to read ar eoppistites... lol

• natalie
    18 years ago

Its like when your depressed its almost enjoyable wallowing in it. I do it all the tim, but it is important to get your feelings out so writing it isnt going to not help is it?

• tabithaa
    18 years ago

I love the depressing poems...They are usually really good