Two things about America

• EoB
    18 years ago

There are to things I am really curious about when it comes to America:

Firstly, are there very cutters there? Do most people know a cutter...

Over here, in Norway, cutters are very rare...If someone actually cuts themselves, and people hear about it, everyone seems a little shocked, even though they have never met the person...

And secondly, are you all proud of your country...?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

1. Are there a lot of cutters? It depends, firstly, it's largely a generational issue. Not an American issue. Secondly, it depends on what demographic you are talking about. I would go as far as to say that it is more common for middle-lower class Americans to cut than for upper class. I personally dont know that many cutters.

2. Are we proud of our country? It depends. Are you asking the democrats or the republicans ? ;)

Honestly, we're all proud of our county. We're just not all proud of the countries' recent actions. The notorious American pride is always, however, alive and kicking.

• EoB
    18 years ago

Thank you very much, all of you..

I'm really curious..

You see, over here in Norway, people really, really don't like anything Americans stand for...

I do not mind you, though, but, yes, I agree with much of what Chris said...

Something should be done...=)

peace

• EoB
    18 years ago

or Norway:P?

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

In my 49 years of living in this country [the USA] I have never came into contact with a cutter. in other words I have not seen the scars. I have read a lot of the poems about it on this site. Self-harm is not limited to any economic class. In my opinion it is more closely linked to clinical depression in origin. I agree with Chris DRUGS are more commonly used. I have known of a lot more people who have died by abusing drugs. I believe a more healthy CHEMICAL BALANCE can be achieved through spirituality. I pledge allegiance to one nation under God, but I have an allegiance to one God over many nations

• Sherry Lynn
    18 years ago

Very nicely put Michael. I do not think I could have said it better myself.

--Sher

• EoB
    18 years ago

Oh, crap...should have been "Very many"...

saw that one now, JPM...

Everyone makes mistakes, right?

And HEll no..

You'd never take Norway...(we'd hide in the mountains...)

Are there great differences between the different states over there?

I've heard that a state can be very different from the other ones...Like Norway vs. Portugal...

Is this correct?

• EoB
    18 years ago

*America, Fuck yeah...coming again to save the motherfucking day, yeah.*