George Bush

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I got this in an email. I thought I'd share it with you.

(Disclaimer: This does not necessarily reflect or represent my opinion in any way)

"George W. Bush's 50 greatest accomplishments

I attacked and took over two countries.

I spent the US surplus and bankrupted the US treasury.

I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy)

I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

In my first year in office I set the all-time record for the most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I set the record for most campaign raising trips by any president in US history.

In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any other president in US history.

I set the record for fewest press conferences of any president since the advent of TV.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other US president in history.

I cut health-care benefits for war veterans.

I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any one person in the history of mankind.

I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history (the poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).

I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.

I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the US.

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Reagan was hard to beat, but I did it!!!)

I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations to remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

I removed more checks and balances and have the least congressional oversight of any presidential administration in US history.

I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

I withdrew from the World Court Of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations elections inspectors access during the 2002 elections.

I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for the most corporate campaign donations.

The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of EnronCorporation)

I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1).

I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71�view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US laws by not selling their huge investments in corporations that later made bids for gov. contracts.

I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

I have created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided that the US has been since the Civil War.

I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war. I refused to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All records of any SEC investigation into my insider trading or bankrupted companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All minutes of meetings of any public corporations for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review."

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

And their problem is?

I love lefty propoganda, always makes me chuckle.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Just thought it was getting a bit slow on the forums today.

People normally get pretty easily fired up over the Bushster.

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

I totally agree.

• EoB
    18 years ago

I agree too

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

The way to get the people fired up is to post that then call the people who bash Bush a bunch of red suited Commies who obviously have no love for their country.

That always goes down well.

• EoB
    18 years ago

Lol...

well, I'm not a commie, even though Russia is close...Sometimes, when I sit up at night, I can sense a smell of vodka coming in from the east

• SARAH
    18 years ago

I love my country too, but I think it would be a better place if we could get a women to be president! lol! :)

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Oh man....is it wrong if i laugh at this? I wonder...:I

Peaces.

• !*!Zoe!*!
    18 years ago

Haha...I was wearing my BUCK
    FUSH T-Shirt today. Good fun.

• Laura
    18 years ago

to the original post::

bush=TOTAL FUCKING IDIOT.

thats what i think.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Why can't george be as loving as my ladies bush?

Heh heh heh!

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

O____O

Kevin you dirty little man ahahahahaha...

Peaces.

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

George Bush is a great president! He did a lot for this country!

• !*!Zoe!*!
    18 years ago

A lot????? Pray tell.

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

People attacked us, OK!? He defended us and he made this country better! What did Bill Clinton do? Oh wait, he slept with Monica L. Or Al Gore, oh wait AL GORE "invented the internet." What did John Kerry do. Oh wait, he got 3 purple hearts for getting a scratch!

• Kevin
    18 years ago

yo felicia, are you saying that all the things stated in Kaitlins post are lies? And that he hasn't done them to your country?

Show me a list if you can of equally good things he's done...go on i dare ya to try.

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

-Tax Cuts
    -Going in Iraq
    -Not scandelous
    -He is an honest president
    -He protects this country
    -Trying 2 fix Social Securty

I'm not saying they are lies. Everyone has opinions. This is mine!

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

Going into Iraq to defend us! Because the democrats sure the hell won't!

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

They had Terrorist attack when bill clinton was Pres.
    He is NOT raise taxes
    No, he is getting rid of the people that are using S.S as a free ride!

Now tell me, what did Slick Willie do? (beside run away from war)

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Felcia, that list you posted wasn't really of equal measure to the one kaitlin posted...and i've found this with most of the people on this site who defend Bush, and believe me there have been several threads about the man.

You never speak from a logical fact based standpoint...it's always emotional "my opinion" nonsense...and i can just hear Fox "news" screaming through all the facts you pass on to me.

Someposts a list or paragraph full of facts, though perhaps left wing in origin as brett said, they are still facts...and all the pro bush camp can come back with is points of view and personal statements that have no real merit in a discussion of what he's actually done.

The man is bad for world freedom and personal democracy...but good for the meglomanical expansion of America as a super power. I know which i prefer to support.

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

The brave people that decided to go out their in the first place. THEY want to defend us. You keep slipping away from my question. What did Bill Clinton do for this country?

• Renee
    18 years ago

Had sex with two people that work in his office.

Thats all I can think of.

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

What a great leader! I want my kids to be like him- NOT! What a fearless IDIOT leader! I'll run away from war! I have NO respect for him!

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

He is protecting this country! That's his buisness!

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

You're still ignoring the question? WHAT DID BILL CLINTON DO FOR THIS COUNTRY! Absolutly NOTHING!

• EoB
    18 years ago

Bush is a dildo...I'd kill him if given the chance

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

Better not say that! You really can get arrested! Seriously! You really can!

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

wanna know some good the president has done how bout hese 4 things:
    1. Even though it may have been poorly implemented, I agree in principle to the No Child Left Behind program.

2. Signed the partial-birth abortion ban into law.

3. Provided much needed funding for the military.

4. Severely damaged the Al-qaeda network.

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

also
    Signed two income tax cuts, one of which was the largest dollar-value tax cut in world history.

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

Felicia asked what did clinton do for thsi country. well here are jsut a few things:
    1.Longest economic expansion in American history
    2.More than 22 million new jobs
    3.Highest homeownership in American history
    4.Lowest unemployment in 30 years
    5.Raised education standards, increased school choice, and doubled education and training investment
    6.Largest expansion of college opportunity since the GI Bill
    7.Connected 95 percent of schools to the Internet
    Lowest crime rate in 26 years
    8.100,000 more police for our streets
    9.Enacted most sweeping gun safety legislation in a generation
    10.Family and Medical Leave Act for 20 million Americans
    11.Smallest welfare rolls in 32 years
    12.Higher incomes at all levels
    13.Lowest poverty rate in 20 years
    14.Lowest teen birth rate in 60 years
    15.Lowest infant mortality rate in American history
    16.Deactivated more than 1,700 nuclear warheads from the former Soviet Union
    17.Protected millions of acres of American land
    18.Paid off $360 billion of the national debt
    19.Converted the largest budget deficit in American history to the largest surplus
    20.Lowest government spending in three decades
    21.Lowest federal income tax burden in 35 years
    22.Most diverse cabinet in American history

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

Yes, he also

- sexed up Minica L.
    - ran away from war
    - lowest teen birth! psh, had NOTHING to do with him!

Not the kind of person I would want my kids to look up to!

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

he was a good president but a bad man and who says ur children need to look up to the president. they look up to make believe things like superman not the president.

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

Lowes teen birth rate:
    In his 1995 State of the Union Address, President Clinton challenged Americans to join together in a national campaign against teen pregnancy. The birth rate for teens aged 15-19 declined every year of the Clinton Presidency, from 60.7 per 1,000 teens in 1992 to a record low of 49.6 in 1999.

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

dont get me wrong i hate clinton and he made mistakes at the end of his presidency but for 6-7 years prior to that he did great things. i am still a republican and i love Bush.

• TragicRomance
    18 years ago

I guess I should have respect for him. I do in a way. He did a few good things but I still hate the man. Bush is an awsome president!

• Satine
    18 years ago

I hate Bush with a passion. I won't say why, because that would just lead up to an argument. You do know he has little friends that boil people alive, right, Felicia?

• EoB
    18 years ago

me too, Rachel, me too...

• Sean Allen
    18 years ago

I don't think that I hate Bush, I just disagree with his outlook on many issues, including the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

1. Believe it or not, there are actually other countries out there in the world, and we should pay at least a little bit of attention to them
    2. Iraq was not a security threat
    3. Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction
    4. There were no convincing or strong ties between the Iraqi government and Al Queda, although I'm sure Saddam thought 9/11 was great
    5. Clinton DID involve us in Kosovo (sort of an unrelated point I guess)
    6. Bush ran from military SERVICE as much as Clinton did
    7. I think Afghanistan could have been done a bit better, although it millitary campagin worked out fairly well. There are still pockets of resistance, and opium/heroin growth/production is up to far far beyond pre-war levels
    8. Al Queda, though damaged, has proven themselves able to strike out in a terrorist attack against one of the safest large cities in the world (in terms of anti-terrorist protection), London.

Personally, I am a Democrat. I see a lot of people irrationally labeling the other side, however, and I feel that is a bit immature. You shouldn't allow things to get too out of hand, politics and the ethics behind policies are important, and that is why they should be treated maturely.

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

i think that every preident has done some good and some bad. and thats it. some do more bad than good and some do more good than bad. in my opinion bush and clinton both did more good than bad.