writing about dark/sad

• ღ*KiM*ღ
    18 years ago

I have written about suicide and a drug rape but have not experience either. I have written these because I feel they involve many different emotions, and can express things through that. I feel as though I have been sensitive to the reader though, and havn't written it in a rude way. I don't think.

But I used to cut so I know how it feels to WANT to commit suicide. If that makes sense.

• ღ*KiM*ღ
    18 years ago

Well to start with, I wrote because it made me feel better, but then that stopped working so well, so I wrote to try and help others in a way. Now I just write because I enjoy it.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

people should be able to write about what ever. i haven't been raped, never done drugs, never killed myself, or tried killing myself, never cut my arms or even had a close person to me die. but i still write about those things! just those seem easier for me to write and what ever comes i write. i don't do it to get attention or to be rude. i might not be able to understand but at least i can try to understand. besides i must not be doing such a bad job since many people believe i have experianced all my poems. so i don't want to be rude or any thing, don't do it for the vote i just write because it helps me deal with stress, and who knows maybe it will help someone someday.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

^^Very well said ~lil slam~ ^_________^

I think there ARE people who do it for attention/pity though. It's not right......

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

well ya there prolly are some poeple doing it for attention, but i'm just stating that i don't. and hun you are so right that it's not right to do it for attention, it kind of reminds me of the story of the boy that cried wolf huh?

~PLP~ lil slam~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

^ true true true!

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

hmm........what is the meaning?

in a way it makes me think of all of us on the discussion board.......

my evalution: confusing but good.

• Shædow Poet
    18 years ago

You are not allowed to post poetry in the forums... now I must be off and get back to sleep.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

It's not so much for votes, I think it's much easier to write dark/sad poems like that... It just flows...

-Lyd

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

"useless and rude"

No, it isn't. If you can write about it and portray a message that others can understand and relate to why does it matter if it's all true? People who write books on murder have not actually been murders, does that make their books useless and rude? Don't think so. You don't have to experience something to beable to write about it and send out a message.

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    18 years ago

I agree, THOSE poems are annoying and cliche and I wouldn't even stoop to call them poetry.

I've written one poem dealing with suicide. and it's more about me asking the age old question, "Is it a sin?" because it seems to be a big question among my peers for some reason.

Poems that say, "I cut myself everyday / I hate my parents / I was raped..." etc and then at the bottom give this cop-out of a disclaimer that says something along the lines of "This is not about me..." then they say it's about a friend or just their own lack of imagination.

Then again, I used to write poems like that when I was younger. I realized what crap they were, but I hadn't experienced stuff yet. Then I went to college...

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

just because you can't get a message out of it doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't. everybody sees things differently. everybody reads things differently, so everything may have a different meaning. since everybody thinks different than maybe you just don't get the message but someone out there may get a message out of it. you shouldn't be calling it stupid or dumb in my oppinion because others may see it as brilliant. and everybody expresses there thoughts differently and poetry has a wide variety on of how to write it or express feelings.

ans i also agree with something somebody said above, that because an author writes a murder book doesn't mean they have done the murder it's a good point. go get a auto bigoraphy if you want to read something that is true they're at the libary so have a hay day with them.

~PLP~ lil slam~ lots of hugs and love~