Gerneral, specefic, Universal?

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

From what i have read so far on this forum most people write for themselves, not that that is a bad thing because I do as well, but specefically for them. Many of the poems I have read are for an audience (as can be seen by the pleeds to read posts) but the poems are specefic to the writers life. I have seen many general topics, which don't only pertain to the writer, and specefics about his/her own life, but widen slightly and pertain to a specefic group of people. What I haven't seen much of are poems with univeral themes. Ones that can be specefic to other people no matter what, even if the author did not focus the subject matter of his poem toward that person and his incidents. If anybody has posted poems with truly universal themes I would you too post them here so i can read them. Thanks

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

I have noticed the same thing

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

thankyou everybody who has answered on this topic, but can someone link their poems here that they believe have universal themes? Thanks

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

thankyou everybody who has answered on this topic, but can someone link their poems here that they believe have universal themes? Thanks

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

I did enjoy what i read from your writing, thankyou for sharing.

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    18 years ago

I Write For Myself Mostly...Recently I Start Writing Like I Use To...Not Only For Me, But For The People I Feel Need To Be Exposed For The Benefit Of Someone Elses Help xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• Renee
    18 years ago

I wrote a poem about toilet paper.

If you use toilet paper I think you can relate.

So, thats my universal poem for ya.

Check it out.

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/funny/poems.php?id=419251

thats the link. even though you coulda clicked on my name but whatever.