Life, god, and everything

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

One of the best statements I've seen on this discussion board.

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

According to Einstein things can both exist and not exist at the same time. Too hard to eplain this now, but if you want I can later, when I am not hot tired, and about to go listen to the greatness that is kurt cobain

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

Reality is truth and truth, is in my opinion constant. Science has developed an Occum’s razor named after a monk who used it to prove the existence of God. I also leaned from a discussion in this forum that science has a very high standard of empirical evidence, which must be met to prove anything. A catholic bishop named Copernicus believed that the earth revolved around the sun. He was not as passionate about proving it as Galileo was. I read the frustrated Italian exclaim after he was forced to say he had no proof ‘never the less the earth moves!’ I believe the earth moved long before everyone admitted it.
    Religions are still evolving and we must be tolerant while we discover truths. I am not the only poet who has used the sun as a metaphor for truth. The reality that the sun is the center of our solar system is widely accepted by respected members of the scientific community. But our sun is just one of billions of stars and it moves also

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

Reality is truth and truth, is in my opinion constant. Science has developed an Occum’s razor named after a monk who used it to prove the existence of God. I also leaned from a discussion in this forum that science has a very high standard of empirical evidence, which must be met to prove anything. A catholic bishop named Copernicus believed that the earth revolved around the sun. He was not as passionate about proving it as Galileo was. I read the frustrated Italian exclaimed after he was forced to say he had no proof ‘never the less the earth moves!’ I believe the earth moved long before everyone admitted it.
    Religions are still evolving and we must be tolerant while we discover truths. I am not the only poet who has used the sun as a metaphor for truth. The reality that the sun is the center of our solar system is widely accepted by respected members of the scientific community. But our sun is just one of billions of stars and it moves also
    sorry about posting twice I was editing and it just happened kind of like the universe was created
    Moderators please do not expell me for plagiarizing myself

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

Reality is truth.’ That is true. But everyone has his/her own reality.’ Science is the study of Tangibility in itself, science can give an estimate to what the world was like, but it cannot give the absolute truth.’
    Let’s suppose that the big bang theory is fact. And the matter that is our universe was a black hole time is not relevant because there is no motion. Relatively suddenly order comes from an expanding mass. And time becomes relative and good is the positive energy and bad is the negative darkness, which is simply the absence of light. Evil is not tangible it is the absence of good. I should only keep my darkness to myself

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

Yes, I agree that science is not absolute, but as Ashley pointed out we still make descisions based on science'What is a part of your reality is in part your descision'. I have studied on my own church and science. I am in favor of manmade just laws. The nonexisting light is very visible in the physical and spiritual world but if we can see a spiritual Light we are sometimes accused of following it blindly.

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

'There is a clear line between blind faith and clear religious wisdom' I believe there is a clear line between blind faith and clear religious wisdom. but I believe there are a lot of people who refuse to see that line for thier own selfish goals. or they see the darkness as good. It is clear to me that faith and reason can get us to the truth with wisdom

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

wow all you guys are so intellectual i can hardly keep up with all the theories and facts you are posting!!! stupid people like me should not even try to join in with these threads!

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Faith in religion is a prime example of blind faith. Accepting this is what gives us wisdom in the first place.

It's all swings and roundabouts, perceptions and skewed lines.

Question is, can you prove one religion to be right and another wrong? By this I mean all systems of faith, including religions classified as cults.