The Mind

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Well my friend posted this topic in a few other forums and I thought it would be interesting to see what people here think about it...

Ok, I have this worrie, or problem. Or what have you. What if, nothing is realy what you think it is. Think about it. Everyday you wake up, but are you realy in your room. Or are you in your head???? Maybe you're in some upstate hospital because they cannot get you back into "REALITY". And all this, all this is a menifestation of your thoughts. And nothing you see is real. Well, considering all, this should be just fine. But what if your reality started to leak, and you can slip between these realities. But not by your own designe. You start see things around you, that are... different. Are you slipping into reality? Or out of reality? If this is in your mind, are you slipping out of your mind? Or are you slipping from reality into your mind? Do you take your chance and go see the real exsistance? Or do you coward in your mind, unless you are just chooseing to stay in reality. Oh, the possibilites.
    Think about it all.

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Nothing is anything but what you make of it.

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

i think that my brain just threw up. is that a bad thing. i'm probably in some hospital and u are all in my imagination. i wouldnt put it past me to imagine someone named freak. or maybe im in ur imagination. that would be freaky too. see that is how stupid u jsut sounded. have a good day.

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Actually...Maybe...Just maybe I'm in your imagination and you're in mine. Maybe the doctors decided it was a good idea to merge patient's minds in order to bring sanity faster. Or...Even crazier thought now...Maybe you made me up in your mind...But gave me the thought of imagining you in mine...o.O How's your brain feeling now Aaron? I do not beleive I sound stupid, merely curious about the mind and what is really going on in it...And what isn't..
    ~*Freak*~

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

If I had beautiful thoughts to share with you I could not share them in this forum without breaking the rules of this forum. Because to me poetry is art, and art is beauty. I have heard a lot of accusations about mind control in these forums. I do not understand what these forums are for. It seems that I must break the rules of the forum to express feelings
    which are not simple. They must be in the poetry section. If I shared those feelings that would be advertising

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I've sometimes wondered, when my every question is answered like magic by some seemingly random person popping out of the ether with an answer and then vanishing...whether i was somehow drawing these people to me as the eye of the storm.

But thats just my arrogance and lack on reality acceptance. I'm not saying everything is as is....but, when you have experienced things outside the realms of what you know, by any stretch of the imagination....one must conclude that there is a reality which is outside of ourselves and not of our mind alone.

don't forget to tip your waitress..even illusions need money.

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Hahaha I'll remember to tip her Kev. Interesting thought, about drawing people to you...It's possible, on some level of reality.
    ~*Freak*~

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

intresting topic and intresting responds jpm. i've thought about what if everything to me ended up fake and i have also thought how werid it is to actually be living and was overwelming myself in the process of thinking about it in ways.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Question:

If I am the only real person here and you are all figments of my imagination, why do you think that I'm a figment of yours?

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Maybe deep in your self conscious you realize what is going on and you brought me to life in your dream state to introduce this theory, as a way for your subconcious to begin to understand the truth
    ~*Freak*~

• ☆Vintage Butterfly Star☆
    18 years ago

Wow that's clever !! I never thought of that, i'm kinda freaked out right now !!!
    XxXxX

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Funny Harrison, you didn't seem to answer the question...What do you think about it. Anyone can say "Oh read this, it will tell you what this author thinks" What do YOU think
    ~*Freak*~