Corporal Punishment

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

When I was coming up, there was corporal punishment in the schools. For those of you who do not know what it is: It is when you are "misbehaving" in school, the teachers or the principal could swat you with a big wooden paddle on the bottom.

What I would like to know in this thread is do you believe in it for the schools? Should it be brought back? I would also be interested in hearing from other countries to see if this was something that was incorporated in their schools or if it still is anywhere. I live in Missouri and they do have corporal punishment in the schools, but it is never actually used.

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

i remember too, and it was no fun. the first time, i was in kindergarten. that sh*t hurts bad. i dont agree with it. the reason i brought it up, is because my son just started school (2nd grade) about 5 days ago, and today they send a "letter" through his bookbag, saying that they are a school who can practice corporal punishment by the laws of missouri if they so choose, without the consent of the parent. or rather without notifying the parent that they are going to do so. i sent a letter back telling them if they put their hands (or paddles) on my child, they will have a serious issue with me. i dont feel like anyone has the authority to physically disclipline my child but me.