NEW ORLEANS.... wrong thread

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

i posted this to the wrong thread earlier.....

What would you do if you could help..... or would you help?

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

before i would go and camp outside george bush's house and protest, but i read an article today, that was pro bush, and it balanced out the story a little more, so i would pray for their safety and well being.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

I've already donated money to the red cross, because they are helping with the clean up. my school also plans on doing fundraisers to help them out like getting bed sheets and food for them since some of the survivors are coming to michigan and staying around the lansing area, i forget where though. but we are raising money for them. Personally, now maybe i didn't catch a bit of info, but i've been paying pretty close attention to the news about this is that since that area has so much poverty then why didn't they send buses down there to get them out in the first place? if they did New Orleans would still be a huge mess but some lifes would have been saved.

~Jacklyn

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

i agree. but, alas, we have a corrupt government.

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

Let's save the blame. Right now desperate people need help!!!

Everyone can and should do something meaningful in the relief efforts to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina. This is a time for everyone to open your hearts to hundreds of thousands of people who have suddenly been left homeless and lost nearly everything they had. It is the nation's largest single disaster and humanitarian crisis to face us in our lifetimes.

Hundreds, maybe thousands of organizations throughout the country have organized charity drives to help. A contribution of just a few dollars or whatever you can spare means a great deal at this time.

• Atomic
    18 years ago

Haha....

I just think it's very ionic how we can help everyone else in the world, but we're totally hopeless in helping our own country.

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!