Serious question, serious ans. only please.

• Goth
    18 years ago

Can the copyright on bumper sticker sayings and small quotes be infringed upon? (Just wondering?)

• Goth
    18 years ago

your right about that!

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

i think if anyone has took to time to get a copyright on something, then they have the time to track you down if you plagiarize or whatever, so yes its most likely possible.

• Goth
    18 years ago

That makes sense! The reason I asked is Ive actually been told you can copyright a single word? Just an example : lil' Jon .... "yeah" or so thats waht ive heard!

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

Well apartently paris hilton copyrighted "thats hot"..

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Hey guys, if a corporation can copyright parts of the human genetic structure....you better believe you can copyright a word or phrase.

All you have to do is prove in a court of law that within reasonable boundaries, you created or made special the phrase or word and it's all yours.

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

But how would you know when people are using it?

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

Kevin is right. The person is not entirely copyrighting the word, but what they did to it. If little John copyrighted yeah, it wasnt just the word, but how he says it that was copyrighted. Because yeah wasn't formed or made popular by him, but his way of saying it was.

And to know when people are using it. I don't know how they would track everybody, but they definately track people who use copyrighted materials for personal gain. If you are using it to make money they have ways of finding out. Probably through records or whatever. Financial things, sales, stuff like that. And as for the internet, everything is traceable so if they want to find you they can.

• Goth
    18 years ago

JPM.... I dont think your as smart as you think you are ... lol...cuz, I do know for a fact that lil' Jon did copyright the word...I just didnt know how he did it, And cory that makes a lot of sense... How he says it!

• Goth
    18 years ago

No Offense taken..... There are other stranger copyrights but I do agree with JPM, I dont think anyone should be able to copyright a single word , but the way he says the word ... now that makes sense.Oh Yea... there are several single word copyrights ... "whaaat"..... "skipitdoda"(I think thats how you spell it) .....I could go on , but as you see each one is unique in its own way ... thats why I didnt understand "YEAH", but if he copyrighted the way its said then that makes sense.

• Goth
    18 years ago

JPM..... Yes lets look at this a little closer:

"for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression."

"Tanglible medium of expression" If lil' jon put it ("yeah") on a tape or other "TANGIBLE" device wouldnt that be a form of medium? And hopefully I dont have to explain the word "Expression"!

And by the way, when I looked "Brilliance" up, no where did it have JPM by it!....lmfao...:)
    Besides your taken it a little personal dont you think.

• Goth
    18 years ago

O.K... Ill admit english class wasnt my fav.!

• Goth
    18 years ago

No comment? Im curious... Why are you so angry my friend? I dont know everything about the laws but ,I do know that Lil' jon did copyright the word "YEAH"!

And why the use of the strong language ? I mean if it bothers you that much, Why associate with us infadels?

• Goth
    18 years ago

First off.... Buy the album! theres your proof, " All song's, lyrics or phrase's contained herein are copyrighted property of said individial..."

Second off .... dont expect a response any further, this conversation is over between you & I, good day!

• Goth
    18 years ago

Ooh yea.... It has to be the copy with the song lyrics in it!

• ღ*KiM*ღ
    18 years ago

"Well apartently paris hilton copyrighted "thats hot".."

That's because Paris Hilton is a twat.

• Goth
    18 years ago

kinda scary aint it?

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

much as i hate to say it: JPM has the right of it. read the litature(?)

• Goth
    18 years ago

JPM.... You were right, the only thing you can do with a single word is trademark it ! Actually i posted this earlier but i was in a hurry and posted it in the wrong place, sorry guys.

oooh yea.... Hey JPM my apolagies, Iwas told that by someone i held highly knowledgable in that field, once again i was wrong....

*need to quite thinking ....keeps getting me into trouble*

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

good point JPM, i hate how everyone can be sued for everything now, its so pathetic, and people who have the time to sue their ex best friend for 'breaking their makeup box' needs to get a life. what the hell is this world coming to?!

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

ok i happen to find court cases very interesting.......so took a trip into the city just recently, and spent the day watching the trials. there were big things like rape, there were medium things like shop lifting, then there were stupid things like the makeup box. i watched the case, i was in the crowd when the case happened, thats my proof, you dont believe me? well i know what i spent my saturday doing. I also saw a very similar case on Judge Judy, which is an American show, where some Americans sued and counter sued for petty things like that. Can you argue with that? I saw the show, you cant tell me i didnt.

• XxXangeltearsXxX
    18 years ago

oh and by the way that comment was supposed to be
    good point JPM.
    i hate how......

i was supposed to start a new topic, that you has nothing to do with, but i used a comma by accident. sorry for making a mistake =(

• Goth
    18 years ago

Your right about that JPM ... "open mouth insert foot :0