Intelligent chat : Intelligent chat?

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Whats with all these seemingly intelligent chats springing up all over the place! Because almost none of them are really that intelligent are they?

"Gay marriage, what do you think? Is it wrong?"

Wow, what a brainstormer!..i mean...Odins spear that must have taken some deep contemplation! I ain't saying i have anything better to talk about in here...but i wouldn't title my chats intelligent and then go and discuss a philosophy 101 subject.

Get a grip!

• Sean Allen
    18 years ago

Through the course of your many philosophical studies I am sure you ran across the problem of finding/creating a succinct and conclusive definition of intelligence. I personally feel that most of the "Intelligent Chats" can be answered with either a 'yes' or a 'no,' but I am sure that there are at least a few people who believe their topics are genuinely intelligent.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Bob, you don't have to explain why they call it intelligent chat, i've been around for a while matey. It's just they call it that and then offer up some wanky general topic.

Not very smart is it.

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

i dont feel like i offered a stupid discussion to talk about...it's better than alot of topics that i have come across, and i wanted an honest opinion on what other people thought on gay marriage... there are many more that i could bring you. it happens to be something popular that is going on in our society today.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Ouch...thats harsh Plain, i see you haven't lost your charm with the ladies!

All i'm saying Rebecca is that if one of us is going to bring up a classic discussion and post a thread about it in here when it has already be discussed many times...then personally i think they should have something original or new to say.

I'm aware this is slightly arrogant of me, you have every right to talk about whatever you wish. Just maybe do me a favour and don't put intelligent chat in the header.

• sadnessinshadows
    18 years ago

thank god i didn't open a intelligent chat!!!

• ReBecca
    18 years ago

first off, i only started these discussions, myself, about 6 weeks ago, so i didnt know that the one i introduced(gay marriage)had already been introduced.(my apologies JPM)...as far as my poetry goes, i dont judge myself. i have never sat there and wrote something and said "damn thats good". i just write when something moves me. i really dont care if someone else has liked it or not.

• ¤|Æ’lοяεηζîά|¤
    18 years ago

"...but i wouldn't title my chats intelligent and then go and discuss a philosophy 101 subject."

Arent you doing that right now?