Intelligent Chat - Commercial Empowerment and Slavery

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

That's the point of the commercials isn't it?

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

I must admit HOT fries do always make my day! Is that bad?

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I was at the cinema last night with this totally hot chick, and the only sour thing about the evening was the satans pecker ad's i had to endure before the film started.

I mean in the old days they used to attempt to sell it to you subtle, y'know make the pitch for whatever crap they were punting that week and then let you decide. Now it's, Gillette telling us guys that "you know that feeling, when she wants you...when you just can't lose...shave your immortal face with our razors....or Lynx deoderant just saying

"Use Lynx, girls will like you more"

what a pile of manure...i mean how dumb do these people think we are? God bless Scandanavia...at least they have laws that prohibit companies using adverts to target young people.

• Feline Fatigue
    18 years ago

Lynx are very interesting feline specimens. their hearing is unique, and can be refered to as a natural radar.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Not that you are biased with a name like that?

Are you a furry? Huh? do you get all dressed up in costumes and make crazy feline sex with people?

I used to know a few furries. Weird people, kept asking me to dress up like a Deer.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

whats great is i laugh my ass off when i see those adverts...and any lady i'm with, say in the cinema, better laugh too or it's curtains for her.

It's the ghostly white faces of my fellow "men" i wonder about...taking little notes in the dark whilst rubbing their undisturbed crotches....sex and fear and love sell best of all....and Lynx use them all.

• ¤|Æ’lοяεηζîά|¤
    18 years ago

BOYCOTT THEM!!

I'm boycotting Tommy Hilfiger. Becuase of the things he said on Oprah. "If I knew South Asians, Asians, and Blacks are gonna wear my cloths, I designed them so nice." Phunk him.

I dont even go in Tommy stores now.

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

Tommy Hilfiger > Racist remarks > Oprah = All lies.

Not only did he NOT make any of those racist statements attributed to him but he never even appeared on the Oprah show, Larry King Live, or CNN's Style with Elsa Klensch where he was falsely alleged to have made them.

An identical rumor was previously circulated about Liz Claiborne.

http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/hilfiger.asp

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

That might work for a local advertising message.

But if you are producing a national advertising campaign aimed at a mass market, you really don't even try to appeal to people's intellect. You appeal to their base emotions, their dreams and their fantasies, because those are the most effective, immediate and easiest to reach. All the truth in your meaty meat burger ad is going to be no match for "You deserve a break today," which, without even mentioning the product, was a classic advertising success. The key word? Deserve! What is implied was much more powerful than what was expressed. In other words, no matter how miserable your wretched life is, you're still entitled to be excused from preparing a decent, healthy dinner for your family -- because at Micky D's, you are special!

And national ad campaigns typically need only to get a response from a very small percentage of their audiences in order to be successful.