Don't know what to do :-( please help if u can

• Toni
    19 years ago

Hi ppl,

This may sound like a self sympathy post but it aint, im just not sure wot to do to help myself anymore. Iv had depression for about 2 and a half years, not on and off either, constantly low. I cant remember the last time i properly felt happy inside, any1 else feel like that?

Anyway ive had a psycologist, a psychistrist, and now onto my second psychiatrist. Its a nightmare, cos nothing seems to help. This latest guy psychiatrist seems to know what hes doing more than the other 2, but its the whole process of going through the same things that i did with the other 2, with him. e.g crappy family history.

Even tho my psychiatrist at the mo is really good and a lot better than the others cos hes a consultant, i stil feel so suicidal and low all the time. Ive been on prozac but i tried to take my life 4 times on it, and it didnt help at all. Now im on sertraline, and my psychiatrist said to give it about 6 weeks, but theres bin no difference at all, i still feel so suicidal and low, i stopped eating for a while cos i felt so bad.He wanted to haf me hospitalized, wich didnt make the situation any better either.

Everything just feels so hopeless, ive been trying so so so so so hard to get better, but nothing seems to work, even 2 types of antidepressant dont work.Am i just a lost case??? I dont mean to be mellow dramatic, but im starting to feel like it! Im fed up of these weekly blood tests iv gotta hav for my eating problem, and my psychiatrist is away on holiday at the mo, so im feelin even lower than usual.

Its just all so..pfff... anyway before i moan on anymore, wot i wanted to ask to u guys wos if u lot have any suggestions that i cud try, to feel better? Iv thought about like hypnotherapy - i no it sounds stupid but im so desperate to feel better, i'll try anything! Is there anything else i could do that u guys have tried, wich will make me feel a bit better?? Writing poemz helps a bit iv found. Thanks for listenin

p.s sorry for givin u my whole hisory, i guess i jus needed to let it all out

xxxx Love Toni

• heather
    19 years ago

hey my name is heather. I kno how u feel and i understand it very well. i feel like this a lot. well ne ways. wut i would do is just relax and try to do sumthing to get this off your mind. and if u need to talk e mail me @ princess13060@yahoo.com my im is the same. g2g tc. heather

• Toni
    19 years ago

Hey, i jus wanna say thankyou all SO much for replying to my post :-) it really means a lot to know that im not alone. Im sorta confused by lukes different responses but nevermind. Thanku anyway. And Whit, i listened to ur advice and went n bought a baby rabbit and guinea pig, jus hope it all gets better soon xxxxxx p.s thankyou again!