do you feel the same as i do?

• gasping for air
    19 years ago

okay, this girl on here... jennifer.... well she's really getting on my nerves... she writes in way too many posts that aren't about asking if anyone wants their poetry... maybe im just being selfish and stuck up, but i dont think so... no one else has done that... i think that it isnt right.... adn when she writes she doesnt even offer to read anyone elses stuff.... that bugs me too... what do you think?

• Ashley Washer
    19 years ago

I totally agree with you Amanda. It bugs the heck out of me to.

• Kristina K
    19 years ago

Well, I guess we all have different opinions. But there are different styles of poetry. Some are Haiku, some rhyme, some don't rhyme, but we all have to keep in mind that they are in one way or another, a poem. Well, unless it was stated by the author that their submission wasn't a poem. And regarding Jennifer...just ignore her I guess. I know that when you're really irritated it's hard to simply forgive and forget but maybe someday Jennifer will realize that the things she has been doing aren't at all pleasant to others.

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

Poetry is in the mind of the reader. The writer may have the meaning set in stone in their head, and see it as a poem - whereas the reader may take on a completely different meaning and not see it as poetry. Poetry is such a broad catagory. Almost anything could fit in it. There are many poetic devices however, such as figurative language and musical devices, which - in my opinion - add to the mood and basis of the poem. All poetry, no matter if it is so-called 'good' or 'bad' deserves some sort of recognition. After all, most people don't sit down and write something with no meaning.