Question 2

• Truest Lies
    18 years ago

Sounds like someone trying to be wise and failing...

Okay, it's a personal who believes in being alone, and in being the only person.
    Like, let's go to war with everyone, kill everyone and be just "me."
    That's what it sounds like.

How can peaceful coexistence corrupt? It is corrupting to always be at war, and to hate each other.

-beth

P.S: Of course, it probably has a "deeper" more scientific meaning which you will proceed to explain.

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

‘A human being is a deciding being.’
    I agree man has a free will to believe or doubt
    ’I fear we are not getting rid of God because we still believe in’
    Why would anyone want to get rid of God?
    There cannot be peaceful coexistence in the ideological realm.
    I believe we need religious tolerance in order to work towards the goal of peaceful coexistence. Religion is a path not a destination.

’Peaceful coexistence corrupts.’
    Does the earth corrupt the sun when it turns from the light?Wheather there is more darkness or light depends on your point of view. Does man corrupt the truth when he turns from it?

There is an old Buddhist chant that translates ‘Individual happiness equals world peace
    Many Christians recognize the value of unity in diversity

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Someone's reaching...

but they can still offer good thinking material.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Where was the quesiton mark in your question?

-Lyd

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Let us not forget that Wars are rarely fought by the common people, and by that I mean everyone in here, and everyone you know. Just regular genius, amazing people who want to live in peace.

It's always the leaders of people who start wars, not the people themselves. I mean when was the last time you heard of civilised ordinary people demanding that their Government attack another country? Do you think the American people would have agreed to the invasion of Iraq if they had known how they'd been lied to?

I don't think so, except the redneck fundementalist Christians.

The notion that people of differing ideologies and religions cannot get along is a fallacy created by those who do not wish it were so...for how can Goverments wage war and thusly expand their power, and in todays world, increase their control over precious resources like oil when we all get along? In short they can't...people are very slowly becoming more reasonable, and much to the horrow of those in power, wise to the workings of society...and so they must lie and decieve to justify their actions..and they use the tools of religion, the education system and money to go about it.

Go read 1984 and educate yourselves.

""It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here. And the people under the sky were also very much the same—everywhere, all over the world, hundreds or thousands of millions of people just like this, people ignorant of one another's existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same—people who had never learned to think but were storing up in their hearts and bellies and muscles the power that would one day overturn the world." —pg 181

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

'Something you said intrigued me to answer. This is the quote that intrigued me so:'

I believe we need religious tolerance in order to work towards the goal of peaceful coexistence. Religion is a path not a destination.

'Now, there is religious tolerance, but not religious acceptance....Why is that?'

Why not accept people for what they believe in, why not accept people for their diversity? Why only tolerate it?

I think that is the questions we should all be addressing. Tolerance generally means "To endure". Now i wonder why must someone endure religion, sex, race and other cultures....Hmm?

Religious authorities have in the past, and still are enjoying a great deal of power
    It would have been easier for me to understand if your ancient philosopher stated that power corrupts. Religion, politics, ideology, and science and such have a great capacity for good and evil. I saw, Albert Gore a man who proved his popularity by winning the popular vote in a presidential election, presenting a lot of scientific evidence that at the rate we are altering atmospheric chemical composition catastrophic weather changes will occur due to global warming. If this is true must we accept it, or endure it?
    We must peacefully coexist with our natural environment to survive
    Races and religions and sexes must coexist for survival
    As Giordano Bruno stated; To find the synthesis where opposites met and merge is the intellectual equivalent of the love of God. Love is the union of wills

Religion and God are two separate things. I have no desire to force my perception of God on anyone

I fear that many of the people in Iraq do not understand’ operation enduring freedom’
    But I am not sure I do either. It seems we must endure difference in opinions

• Michael D Nalley
    18 years ago

I believe it is good for anyone to fear being separated from the divine

• lee
    18 years ago

maybe it's something like there has to be some bad in the world. like it can't be just all good. cuz without the negative, the balance would be off. or else the whole system would be fucked.cuz there has to be negative to balance the good...I think tha's what it means.