Does this appeal to you?

• EoB
    18 years ago

Ye Olde Societee

A club for poets who enjoy Baroque and Romantic literature, florid vocabulary and rich imagery. This club will revive the Olde English, and will incorporate the new literature as well. This is a club for everyone who wishes to improve as a poet, learn about new poetic structures, and be challenged mentally. Although it is not necessary for members to be proficient writers of anachronistic English, it is requested that applicants join this club if, and only if, they like poetry and are willing to learn about poetic forms, structures and techniques, as well as being relatively active in the fora.

If it does, then apply...we are about 20 members, but some more active than others.

peace

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Sounds interesting, I might want to join.

• Sherry Lynn
    18 years ago

E.O.B. I truley think that you are a talented writer, and honestly if I was not already bleesed to be part of a terrific club that I adore and have the capability to learn from and grow then I would be honored to join you.

I hope that your club does well my friend, truly I do.

--Sher

• EoB
    18 years ago

Well, Dorothea, you are most welcome, an excellent writer such as yourself would contribute greatly to any poetry-club...

Well, Sherry, we are doing good, and I hope you are too=) If you enjoy staying in your club, then don`t leave. I`m quite sure they want you there.

peace

• Angie
    18 years ago

LMAO Malfist

Good luck with your club EOB, you are a talented writer............

• Peter DeJesse
    18 years ago

I don't know what half of those words mean EOB

• Drew Gold
    18 years ago

The Y O S forums are going insane people, Join while you still can!

=O)

• HansRik
    18 years ago

Peter, I am sorry about that. I was the one to choose the words to describe our club. Talented people like Angelina Taylor, Enslavement of Bueaty, sweetenigma, and many more have joined. Forgive my idiocy in the diction.

• Truest Lies
    18 years ago

Hum...okay.
    Plain English would help for a start..
    Then yes, I guess it would be nice to learn more.

• Void
    18 years ago

Hey, I for one like the sounds of that. Even though I don't think I'll be joining (as I am only a beginner and old english is really hard for me) I'd be very interested to see how well this goes. I find alot of your work inspiring, just from vocabulary itself (a weakness of mine *blushes*). Good luck to you! And Happy Holidays:)

• EoB
    18 years ago

....or for those who simply find it to be beautiful