Parent/Guy problem

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

okay. I met this guy on the internet in a chat room. He is 17 (im 14) and we started talking and i think i know almost everything about him, and he about me. He lives in Arizona and I live in Missouri, but we have been talking about me going to see him or the other way around someday. Now, I know it's stupid, but I really think I could be falling in love with him. We literaly think alike, and it's gotten so that we know what the other is thinking and we often say the same thing at the same time or finish each others sentences, and we really understand each other. K, now for the problem part. I had told my parents that he lived in Eldon (the town I lived in b4 i moved here a month ago) and that I had met him there. They believed me and were okay with it, but of course my mom can't stay out of my life so she went through my phone book and my journal and my archive of the convos i had with him and she got very mad because I was talking to somebody I haven't ever met. She said that "it's scary" because if he has my phone number than that means he could have my address (i didnt tell her i gave it to him) and he could be some "30 year old perv" from a chat room and he could hunt me down and rape me or whatever. I know this guy isn't lying. I don't know how I know, but it's just a feeling I get and my instinct and I know he has told the truth. I understand my mom's concerns...I know all about that, she has made me read stories about girls getting hunted down off of the internet and all that, and usually I am very weary about giving out personal info. But i talked to him for a long time and viewed his webcam and then gave him my number. I told my parents I had seen his webcam and they started telling me that it could be any file and could've been recorded a long time ago, but I know that isn't true because one time he turned it around to the computer and showed the picture of me on my profile and the convo we were having at the time.

so my question is what should I do? My parents are saying they cant trust me and they made me change my yahoo messenger screen name (my new one is imma_spoiled_1) and mom is going to have them run a background check on this guy and all (she's a cop so she can run his name) and it's just a lot of crap. can anyone give any advice on what to say to them or anything, just what to do????? please help me!!!!

• Manders
    19 years ago

I think it's a good idea your mom run a background check on him.. You are better safe then sorry.. And to know eveything you can about him is better then not ya know..

He could be 30, and want little kids. You have to see where your mom is coming from.. You meet some guy on the internet that you think you know.. I am not saying I am against it. When I was first with my man I am with now. We hit a bad couple months. and I just happen to be on the computer. and I got this messege.. All he wanted was to talk to someone. He was having trouble with his wife.. So we talked.. I found myself falling for him.. He called me a few times.. and Then I had to end it.. because I Love my guy.. and it was just wrong.. So I think when you find the right guy.. Great!!! but make sure you know everything about him!! Be careful..

• julie
    19 years ago

i know you may feel he isnt lying and that you know him, but im sure that is what most p[eople would have said before their internet romance shot them in the head. Sounds harsh i know, but it will be to late to say i wish i had listened to my parents when he has you tied up in his love dungeon.