Quote for my site

• wdnest
    18 years ago

Hi there,

I am after a quote for my sites home page.

My site concerns recovery from sexual abuse. It is at www.whitedovesnest.com. You may wish to take a look before you post your quote here. The site is well visited ( anywhere from 30-50 hits per day)

I am seeking original quotes to be posted on the header of the site - it will be seen by numerous others. It will be in blue italic writing and appears randomly as people view the site. The site is well visited and I could include your website if you have one.

The quotes need to be inspirational and about life and overcoming obstacles and short (10 words or so).

Not sure what to do about the prize?? Perhaps someone can let me know what this should be.

Thanks

• Void
    18 years ago

Hey, I don't really know of any quotes I can give you for your site, but I went to check it out and I have to give you props for it. That's one hell of a site there, and I actually plan on checking on it in the near and distant future. Best of luck with this. God bless you.

• Allison
    18 years ago

I checked out your site but I can't think of a quote. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

• wdnest
    18 years ago

Thanks for the replies. The site is very much a work in progress. I update it regularly and very much enjoy doing so. Please pass it on to anyone that you think may need it.

I am keen for relevant quotes - I have used a couple of well known's peoples quotes but wanted something original.

• †Undone♥
    18 years ago

Um... heres a couple...
    The words that escape a friend's mouth are "I'll be there when you say you need me" but the words that are unheard from a true friend's heart are "I'll be there... whether you say you need me or not."

The same girl who laughs and talks a lot and seems very happy is also the girl who may cry herself to sleep...

• †Undone♥
    18 years ago

Sorry if it isn't what you wanted

• wdnest
    18 years ago

Thanks for your response Crystal.

They are great!! Short and too the point

• just a poet
    18 years ago

im not sure if these are wt u need but here goes:

im a strong girl...keeping everyhting in line...even with tears streaming down my face...i manage the words im fine

im the friend you forget till u loose me and soon regret, im the enemy that will never give you peace and will never let your nightmares cease and im the girl you miss at night when someone else is holding you tight

one night the mood sed to me, if love makes you cry why dont u leave your lover, i looked at the moon and sed would you ever leave the sky?

you never stop truly loving someone you merely learn to live without them

what do you do when the only person who can stop your tears is the one who caused them

i hope you know why im crying as my tears know your the cause

a girl and a guy can just be friends but at one point they fall for eachother...maybe temporarily, maybe to late or maybe forever

may god send down a dove with wings as sharp as razors to pearce the heart of any guy who tells a girl he loves her and then betrays her

i love you and you love me so baby tell me why cant it be

The hardest thing about walking away from you and making you my past was knowing that it was up to me it didnt last

HATE: a four letter word truth
    LOVE: a four letter word illusion

When a guy gets too close,
    and tears your heart apart,
    it is a terrible deed,
    as in all you loose your trust

The worse enemy is a broken friend
    even if they promise forever this day
    tomorow eternity will have ended
    and she would have left it you
    with a knife in you back

When a guy says forever they realy mean never

not all of these are my own but most are. im sorry some of them aren't short, hope you like am and that they helped. sorry if they didnt help. take care and goodluck with your website

• Italian Stallion
    18 years ago

Hey, Here are a couple of quotes.

On Earth, no individual knows what love is.
    All we notice and recognize is the result of love.

The difference among a complication and an opportunity is your attitude.

Focus on what your capable of doing rather than on what you cannot.

Be kind, Be Loving, But most of all be yourself.

Love is the exact cost at which love is bought.

Love is the master of every art.

Love even when your not Loved.

Anyways, I have a question. What are you using as an host for your site? Cause I have a site but it is messed up(it is my first website, and firsttime using html, so any help would be greatly aprecated). If you care to take alook at it here it is: www.beautifulpoems.freewebsitehosting.com

~Joe~

• wdnest
    18 years ago

thanks for your quotes. Are there any more - Joe I sent you a PM

• wdnest
    18 years ago

anyone else wish to contribute?

• East Poetry
    18 years ago

Life is what you set it up to be...........

Dont set yourself up for disapiontment

• East Poetry
    18 years ago

The only advice you can get from THE ANSWER.

know thyself.

• wdnest
    18 years ago

Thanks for all your responses.

I chose two -

The same girl who laughs and talks a lot and seems very happy is also the girl who may cry herself to sleep...

and

i hope you know why im crying as my tears know your the cause

Thanks for all your responses.