Time to stick together

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

I have noticed the site has been improving over the last couple of days, and wondered if anyone else agrees with me?
    I dont know whether we have made the person who was messing around stop, or just all of us sticking together and agreeing not to fight we have brought about a sense of unity. Whatever it is, i am really glad
    !!

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

I second that Hayley, its almost as if there is a "calm" over the site..

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I too agree that the site has calmed down. Surely a mutual understanding is developing compared to the past. and so the unity. But i don't believe we have stopped the person who was messing around. We have lost many of the good poets. May be he/she is waiting for their return. Who knows. Or may be that person is satisfied with the mess he/she had created. ITs nice to see the unity is improving day by day.

I have a few doubts. Do moderators have acess to the coding of this site? There is some one..who is redirecting the threads to blank pages. I wonder whether the hacker got the password of the admin or just the moderator. Can somebody say what are the powers of a moderator? (if you are allowed to)

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Its not a secret Trincy, we have the ability to delete comments found to be innappropriate, we can move topics in the discussion board to its right place//ex. If you come here to request reading/commenting on your poems, i would redirect it to request/whatever it is.. we unfortunately can also delete entire poems, something i have never been comfortable with..and we can correct misspelling, grammar, etc. its a lot of "power" I guess, and someone isn`t using it right. we do not have acess to the coding of any pages, thats Janis` job. I hope this helps.

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Yeah sure, ok i will list what we as mods can change and anything i dont state we cannot do!
    1. We can edit poems
    2. We can move poems to other catergories
    3. Spell check poems
    4.Delete poems if they are not the users own work
    5. Move forum posts
    6. Delete forum posts
    7.Edit forum posts

I think thats it ..

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Well said Hayley, i always have been a bit long winded in my appraoch to explain things, yours is right to the point...thanx..Love ya girl, Tim

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Well if you are not comfortable with following the rules of the site then i suggest you make your stay as short as possible

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Well i dont mind you complaining but you just dont stop! Everyone agrees the site hasnt gotten better lately apart from you because you are never happy! Not everything can be the mods fault and if you dont make any mistakes and you post in the right places they wont touch your poems anyhow

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Louisa, you have certainly made your point about this subject, many times, I know how you feel but until Janis gets back here what are we going to do? I dont feel comfortable either nescessarily, but now if they fool with my stuff I just repost, the only thing I miss is the great comments that I recieved. I know you are mad, And if it is found out that a hacker is doing this stuff, what will you all say then?

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Thanks for the response.
    That makes me scratch my head more! How did that person acess the code then? I mean how did he/she redirected it to a blank page? Thats strange! So he/she gained some powers which a moderator doesn't have. I guess thats bad news!

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

oh oh.. Lousia.. please stop this fight. There is no use talking about this subject unless you are talking to Janis. PLease wait for him.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Trincy, I really do not think the blank page thing is someone playing around, i think its a glitch, it happens every now and again..on a lot of internet pages, do not despair...

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Thanks Tim. I was just curious to know how they did it.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

If someone did do it like you said Trincy, its a new one to me also.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I found it in the forum 'other' (it is called "Someone Please Explain") and in 'fun and HUmor' (its called "Ever wonder" and "Add on")