What were you thinking?

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

We all have different thoughts going through our heads when we write our poems so give us a little info on what you were thinking when you wrote one of your poems.

• julie
    19 years ago

well i was watching this special feature on the nightmare before christmas dvd (the best film in the world by the way), called Vincent and it gave me inspiration to write a poem called christopher, check it out if you have time, and if you havent seen the nightmare before x-mas WATCH IT!

• Cantchangeme
    19 years ago

Nightmare before christmas rocks ass, i write from wots happened in life so just past experiances with a lil bit of thought in and a lot of heart

• Danielle
    19 years ago

In my poem "You're in the Front Row" I was thinking about words to live by....I based the poem on general quotes and spiced it up a little. Turned out pretty good I think...it's gotten a few comments and I just posted it yesterday.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Im working on my second poem. I'm really not too imaginative so most of my writing will probably be based on true experiences. This time I'm lamenting the loss of something close to me. It was a brilliant mural, an immense landmark facing the freeway that my son had helped create. I saw it almost every day for 8 years. Then one day my heart just sank when I saw it had completely vanished, covered with ghastly grey paint.

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

Depends on which poem you want to know about. I think about a lot of things, few of which are happy. Peace, love and empathy.
    -Belle Misericordia

• don mohr
    19 years ago

usually i try to empty my head and work from
    intuition. subjects in thw world around me like
    current affairs-terrorism-science/technology and
    how changes effect my view on society and the rules governing us. Its a new millenium and i think
    its a once in a life time opportunity for this generation to open creative avenues disregarding
    not authority(didnt work in past decades) but i think
    the new attack is on the critics. they need to stop
    being judgemental about how we (artists/poets)
    are delivering the preamble to a world that is stuck
    with unanswered questions, because they simply
    wont accept that THEY have the insecurities, WE
    expose them. choice is for everyone, but it takes
    brave pioneers in this country to ignore them and
    take new leaps in new faiths-which represent a
    fresh face for this nation. anyone can make a good
    thing sound better with a lie, better yet, vote on it
    and i bet you lose-cause they aim to win. keep on
    writing! please yourself first-someone will appreciate it-

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

When I wrote my latest poem "Cliched Magazines" I was actually reading a magazine the previous night and felt so frustrated with the amount of bull it contained. I thought I might as well write my thoughts into a poem

I was really depressed and crying when I wrote "Why are these tears, falling down?" (which is also names "Salty Madness" on fictionpress) so I made a poem. To express myself, I try not to force my self to write, it turns out.. bleh, well, it turns out bad usually anyways ;)

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

Mostly its just emotions, or stories of things that have happened ... other times I write about dreams or "sketchy" thoughts ...

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

I write what I know at any given time. I write about relationships mostly. Emo-kid and all. I'm all Carlin-esque in my love affair with word play. I usually have atleast one or two wicked, clever lines before I start to write.
    I think it, I say it. It's my way.

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

As far as I know, there's only one philosophy in true writing;
    If you think so, then say it. Otherwise, shut up.
    Peace.

• Lexi Lou
    19 years ago

i was thinking on all my new ones how do i convey my feelings in a way that dosnt make me sound obsessed and how do i put this emotion itno words and it never comes out even close to how i want it to....