New Zealand....YEAAAA

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hey, Im just wondering, how many people on here are from NZ???? I am... anyone else???

• natasha
    19 years ago

nope im not, but if ur here i love to chat

• Allen
    19 years ago

Well, I just got back from dinner... so I am here :)

• Allen
    19 years ago

.....weather... is cold.... why sorry????

• Allen
    19 years ago

YAYYYYYYY.... someone else from NZ :):):) Im not alone on this site... ;)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Well, Im 20... damn that sounds so old... *sigh*... oh well, life goes on. Im Asian btw, and by the sound of your last name... Im guessing you are Pakeha?? (for the none-New Zealander, Pakeha means European/white people) .... oh yes, just in case if you are curious, I have black hair, eyes, dark skin... right... thats one useless description of what I look like :D haha :)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Yeah, Im from Auckland, sadly I have to go study in University so life is not all that interesting... as for the skin comparing thing... nope, not weired at all, I do the with my mates too, but I can't find many that is darker than I am ... :S oh well, Im black and Im pround :D I heard Wellington is pretty windy.. fact or myth??

• Allen
    19 years ago

hmmm... insults for "Wellingtonians"??? not that I know of... my mates and I don't really talk about Wellington at all, must not be much of an important place :P ... jokes ;) I think I have about 2 or 3 friends down there in Wellignton studying whatever they are studying... if you ever get the chance, say hi to Sharon Baylis (I can't spell her last name) for me, shes a great violin player and is likely to be famous for it one day ;)

• Allen
    19 years ago

lol, I live somewhat close to Rainbow's End, about 10 mins drive away, and as for skytower... its some what close to Auckland uni which I have to go to every week day... I have not been inside skytower tho. I do have friends that goes to Victoria and Messey... but I have not heard from them for a long while...

• Allen
    19 years ago

Rainbow's end?? well, it not all that great... its only fun with the right people... its not the fun park that makes it fun, its the people you are with ;) hehe, so I see you have heard about South Auckland??? ;) I live in South Auckland, it is the home of stolen cars and shops with 5 fingers discount :D:D:D lol, it is kind of a myth and fact combined, South Auckland is the poor part of Auckland region... even myself makes sad jokes about it sometime :D

• Allen
    19 years ago

haha, good old hand gestures ey?? why didn't anyone do "South Side"??? Wellington is more 'south' than anything around here... :D... besides, "South Side" hand gesture is way better, you need 2 hands to do it ;) oh yeah, as for that joke... I didn't get it neither... lol, you can say South Auckland is a hole... but... yeah, I guess it has parts that is good... after all, you do have things like Rainbow's End in South Auckland ;)

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

:) New Zealand

• Allen
    19 years ago

lol, South Side gesture is gay did he say?? Well, I belong in to the South so I guess I'll just be proud of it ;) As for the splash planet... what is it?? some kind of hydroslide fun park??? If yes, I have been to something like that around the Auckland region but never in Wellington... so what is it??

• Allen
    19 years ago

I have been to one hydroslide funpark some where between Auckland and Wellington... but it was too long ago.. roughly about 3 or 4 years... I have bad memory... I think it was during one of the trips I had with the orchestra I was in. Im somewhat not so fond of hydroslide funparks, you slide for 30 seconds and freeze for 5 mins just to get back to do another slide :S but yeah, with the right people, anything is fun :)

As for the North side gestrue... no, I don't believe there is one... North Auckland is the rich area... they are too good for a hand gesture :P

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

Wow NZ...LOL just being random...

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hi Jackie :) are you from NZ too??? in your profile you are from US... oh well, if you are, yayyyyy :D:D:D if not, NZ is a great place :)

Yeah, Im not too fond of rich people neither, I think Im just jealous tho, a friend of mine rang up her parent to ask for $6000NZ to spend and her parents told her she can have $10000NZ .....#$%@#$... yeah, I wish my parents are that rich too :D but I prefer to work for my money rather than having it given to me.

What's this about pizza guy got killed??? Im don't follow the news too well... is it just recently??? and yeah, it is quite sad... people are getting sicker and sicker, the whole world is just a bit wrong these days :( .... *sigh*.....

• Allen
    19 years ago

wow... that was strange... I swear that the last time I checked Jackie was the one that posted Summer's post... but now its different... hmm... another bug on the site??

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

• Allen
    19 years ago

lol, yeah, that's not a bad idea :) I don't really like people I know in person to read my poems, its like a gate way to my secrets and thoughts... only people I share them with are my sister and my mate who too loves poetry :) ...maybe I should get a different account... but nah, this is who I am, if the people I don't want my thoughts be shared with read my poems.. maybe it was meant to be, fate... or what ever :D

I feel sorry for the pizza guy... *sigh* it is a sad story, I just don't understand, why would people do such a thing?? Its kinda like the shooting that happened last year (or was it year before) on quite a few people... for no reason what so ever!!!! the studpid guy was not even 18... so the life sentense was made.. which really means lock up for 15 years... and after that he'll be 33, so he can kill more ppl???!!!! what's up with the stupid law and people here... sorry if I sound negative..

• Allen
    19 years ago

lol, yeah, I don't know what would happen if my best friends read my poem... one of them is my ex, while the other I fancy... :(.... in some way I would love to show them my poems but Im sure the response would be heart breaking... ARRRGGG, life sucks...

I don't know about good came out of bad... Im sure there are lots of examples in life but just out of the top of my head... none... *thinking away*... oh wait... okay, try this, I was placed in the dumbest class when I was in 3rd form and because of that, I got to know LOTS of people, and lots of people got to know me. What do you think of the dumbest class in your school??? bad kids??? I got to know them and realised that they are all just the same as the rest of us, and even better in some ways :)

Personally Im all for captical punishment, an eye for an eye :D I hate criminals, why can't those stupid people just get on with life without messing up other people's lifes??? I even go as far as thinking the prisons are way too good, people in there get 3 meals a day and even deserts!!!! Get them a library or something to educate them for crying out loud... okay, those are just my personal opinions :/ hopefully you don't find them offensive.

• Allen
    19 years ago

WHAT!!!! You dream of your secret love every night??? Im so jealous :P I wish I can do that too :D:D:D:D Love is funny, it brings so much happiness but yet so much pain. I remembered when I was with my ex, there was a time when I was so happy that I thought if someone takes my life now, I would have no regrate... but there was also a time when I just wished someone would take my life... Despite the pain , I still desire love, for I believe the right one will bring more happiness than pain for the rest of the life time...

Just recently I started working on a poem for the girl I have the crush on... its almost finished but I think its not romantic/sweet enough... maybe you can have a read and tell me what you think when its finished :) I'll post it up when its done... lacking inspiration right now... :D

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

Go Hurricanes...LOL, ok I'll be nice...Go All Blacks!

• Allen
    19 years ago

Jackie!!! of course GO ALL BLACKS!!! :D:D:D and as for summer ;) what on earth does that poem mean?? is it French or some other language?? For your new love :) I wish you all the best with it, Im sure it won't be a perfect-till-you-ruin-it-all thing... more like perfect-till-the-guy-wants-too-much :D:D:D Sorry, my randomness had to throw that in, it happens to people around me quite a bit... :( .... I think my sister is not too happy with me right now... I made her talk to her ex, you see, her ex is not over her just yet after 7 months after they broke up... I told her ex that my sis has a new bf now... hoping the news would help him to get over her faster... I think it will... I do wish him well...

Hmm... love does bring thousands of little hurts... keep that in mind, little hurts do build up to something that can be out of control... when I broke up with my ex I really can think of one big reason why... but thousands of small ones... some hurts more, some hurts less, all bearable individually, but all together is just heart breaking... I think its my fault, I tend to keep feelings inside, I wondered if I sort out every small things that hurts me, maybe those hurts wouldn't have built up and me and my ex might have worked out... oh well, what's past is in the past... can't change the past, can only change the future :)

Its a bit stupid, every stage of my life I would have crush on one girl and never make a move for it... I guess it'll need to change... ;)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Im really sorry to hear that Summer... did you ever tell him that you like him??? If not, maybe its worth the fight, fight for your love, why? what else is worth fighting for?? You might be able to win him over since he only just met this other girl... some guys can be stubborn with regard to who he likes, while some can be changed, maybe he is that later one... you never know unless you give it a shot...

• Allen
    19 years ago

I read this quote on this site from somewhere... I can't remember where now :( but it goes something like this:

"Sing like no one's listening
    Dance like no one's watching
    Live like there is no tomorrow
    Love like its never gotta hurt"

50/5 for that quote all the way :D I love that so much, and maybe it applies to you a bit too. Go for the guy :) Fight for you love :) ...its funny to get that from me since Im scared to go for mine... :S lol. Soon... soon I'll get the guts and go for her, wish me luck then... I'll need it.... as for you, all I can say is best of luck :) and believe in yourself :) YOU GO GIRL!!! :D

Do you play any musical instrument?? I happened to learnt the oboe back in the high school time. I have to say, band trips were the best memory from that part of my life... altho, they were never as "interesting" as described in American Pie... thank God....

• Allen
    19 years ago

:( I hope you get well soon Summer, and trust me on this one, you did not miss out much by missing that uni trip... I went on one when I was 6 form and yeah, I got nothing out of it with regarding to choosing my degree. Basically, they'll take you around the University and look at different lectures and departments... its never the real picture until you are actually doing that degree. I think back then I was jealous of some of my mates that went and visited MIT... just because there was a McDonnals there... how lame...

When the time come to decide what you want to do, go with your heart, your interest, and also a little about the career opportunity, you'll hate your life if you get stuck in something you don't like doing or have no interest in... I know, cause Im there ;)

In my opinion the line "Love like its never gonna hurt" is suggesting the 'way' to love... if you are in a relationship and always think about how its going to hurt when it ends or when something happens, you will always be holding back, you'll worry about things that is not needed to be worried about, and you won't be happy... just a thought :)

lol, yeah, teachers always get the blame... :( I tutor math to some 7 form and 5 form and 3 form kids... and I always get sad when they fail... makes me wonder, did I teach them wrong?? oh well, I guess I did my best :D

• Allen
    19 years ago

... *sigh*... I just came back from my best friends house, it confuses me as to how I feel about her, when she's not around, I really want to be with her, I would be thinking about her constantly.. but when Im with her, I feel she's a best mate, a sister, a wonderful person that I would like to share my thoughts with... and I pretend I don't like her in anyother ways.... arrrg... so confusing... so much to think about...

Anyway, thinking too much hurts my brian, I'll give it a rest... so did you get any ideas as to what degree you might take on??? What are you interests??? 1 tip, don't be a teacher unless you love kids and you love teaching... don't be a programmer unless you don't mind no life and little pay... Sad thing is Im a bit of both... speaking from experience ;)

Well, I hope you get well soon Summer, sick on a week day is good, but on a weekend is just not on :D

• Allen
    19 years ago

Architecture or psychology?? well, both are great job, psychology pays more if you are looking on the money side of things, architecture is cool as well, you get to design houses... hehe, like "sims" in a way. Psychology is really interesting, the study of human behavior and mind, the only down side is the amount of study and writing you'll have to so... I say before you choose which one, talk to some of the people that's doing those degrees, the student... and they can surely provide more insight to what it is really like :D

As for my best friend... I do love her as a sister, yes, but there are also times when I get myself lost just looking at her... she's a really bubbly and happy person, we spent most of the time joking away and act silly :D... try some hints?? well, how?? Im a bit slow on that part :S... Im also scared that telling her my feeling will end a great friendship... aaarggg... oh well, I'll have to give it a try, so I won't live life wondering "what if"... once I finish the poem Im writing for her, I'll tell her... lol... this year has not been a good year in terms relationship... so many break ups/confused love/forbidden love happened to ppl around me, just this year... why watch drama on TV when you can live in one... :D

• Allen
    19 years ago

:) Thanks Summer, I'll make sure I make it really clear when Im asking her out :D If she says no, she is still my best friend, there is no way I want that to change, I do value her friendship alot more... even tho I really really like her :P ...and btw, that was kinda funny with the telephone conversation you had :D ...just how do you define a 'date'??? being alone with someone else??? if thats the case I still have 'date's with my ex... arrrrrrr.... and if that's the case, I would have had so many dates with my best friend... :D:D:D:D lol... oh mention dates... my ex was reading the book call "I kissed dating goodbye" while we were still together... and it was so ANNOYING... sorry, just felt like complaining... :D

hahaha, so in terms of school work, you can remember them for a short time?? Great, thats the abiblity you need to do well in Uni ;) study like hell for 2 weeks before the exam and forget all about it afterwards :D sorry, its really not a good thing to do, but I've been doing it for 2 years... :S Funny thing is, every year I would say to myself that I have to work hard... and every year I would say to myself "next year, I'll work hard"... lol. Uni life is truely different to school time, you are your own boss, no one will tell you to do your work, no one will make you study... its all up to you... :D

Journalist?? You should give it a try if that is what you wants to do, believe in yourself. Maybe you can start by sending small articles to local papers. The local paper in my area has a section just for people to sent in their articles, maybe you have something like that you can start on for you local paper...

• Allen
    19 years ago

lol, yeah, in NZ it seems that you go straight from friends to bf/gf... but I think there might be a middle stage where you like the other person and other person shows interest too, but no one made the move... me and my ex were like that for a period of 2 month before we started to go out... lol, I guess Im just slow on making any moves... :D

People do define "dates" as going somewhere with someone but not necessary your bf/gf. Think about the ball, people have dates for the ball but they may not be going out at that time... in terms of a party you can take a date but again, you may not be going out at that time. Sometimes the date you have maybe someone you have absolutely no interest in... seem that before... oh well, what does it matter, it really depends on the person doesn't it?

What!!! its almost father's day?? I didn't even know... I gotta think about what I have to get for my dad as well :S its always so hard to buy pressies for parents, it seems like they don't 'need' any thing that we can buy... so now, I just buy the things they 'don't need' but might like to have... you know what I mean?? like last time on... something day, me and my sis brought them this booking for a foot massage session... they don't need it, and they probabily will never get that themselves but they love it :) ... so hopefully that can act as a source of inspiration for you ;)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hmm, its strange, you have heard the song "Where is the love" right?? This line says "As you get older, people get colder"... its so true, everyone is busy, thinking about themselves, it gets harder and harder to make new friends and meet new people in the adult life... and Im not even there yet...

:) The photo thing for your mum is a really neat idea :) and yes, wedding annviersary would be a good time to give it them but it would also be a great birthday present... you know, things about her, collected together, given to her on her birthday :) ...oh, you should write a poem too :) I haven't read any of you poems yet :( sorry, but once I get time I will... but Im sure you are a talented poet, so why not share that talent with your family??

*sigh* still not well yet... I hope you get better soon, but once again, its the Monday... whats better than missing out school :D lol, if you want to be a good student, don't follow in my foot steps ;)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hehe, the whole human race is kinda weird, I read this somewhere, see what you think of it:
    "When we were little, we wanted to grow up faster, when we get old, we wish we were younger. People spent the ealier half of their life sacrifying health for money, and buying health with money during the second half of life... everyone makes their life so busy, yet when they die they feel as if they never lived..."
    The more I think about it, the more I agree with it... its kinda funny how I find it to be true... so I guess, treasure what you have, live with no regrats :)

Okay, I feel bad for asking this... but when is father's day??? I'll have some interesting time thinking up a present for him... plus I'll need to shop for my ex's 21st birthday, that is coming up really fast... what do girls want for their 21st anyway?? Since you are a girl, can you give me some insights?? ;)

LOL, test?? I know how you feel, in fact, Im having one tonight!!!! ARRRRRRR, and I am just so lost on that topic... I have spent the whole day study, this is my study break... *sigh*...

What do I do?? school?? Well, school is really University, Im sure you know that already. Just recently I've been studying like crazy, trying to make up for all the lectures I fell asleep in... I really think all the Uni lecturers would make perfect bed time story tellers :D I am really looking forward to the end of the week :) because my holiday starts then :D:D:D for 2 weeks I believe, I just can't wait :)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Yes :) I do have a cellphone, but I don't txt much tho, I used to back in the school days then suddently the cost hits me and I thought I'd better cut down the txting :S but oh well :) I wouldnt mind txting you from time to time ;) I'll sent my numbers over.

ARrr... Sept the 5th??? thats like 1 week away... lucky my holiday starts before that, I'll need to get the shopping done.......

Mmmm, I really like the photo idea, its great :) I'll have 2 weeks to organise all the photos... :) thats a really sweet idea :) arrrr... why didn't I think of that :/ I guess my mind is too random, brain is too slow.... I had a chat with some of my other friends and they said girls want something they can keep for life on their 21st... so the photo fits it just right :D

I think the schools are having their holidays on after the 12th of sept... and that's when I start again... I turn 21 on the 10th of setp!!!! yay!!!!!... errr... hmm... its not really a big age in NZ or is it??? people are responsible for their crime at the age of 14, legal to drive at 15, legal to have sex at 16, legal to vote and drink at 18, legal to gamble at 20..... so hmmm... lets see if me turning 21 would increase my maturity ;) ... somehow I don't think so.... :D

:D Good on you for your French test and the English writing... I was never good at language subjects... hehe, down side of being a boy :)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Yep :) my holidsay starts now, and will go on for 2 weeks :) ... sad thing is that I have to do assignments during this time :S some holidays ey. I think I'll still go to Uni just to use the gym :) and see my mates, friends, what do you do without them :)

Yeah, 21 is considered a big birthday, altho you don't gain any more legal rights :D I heard the family member are supposedly tell everyone about the bday boy's secrets naughty pass ;) lucky my sis is nice, lets hope she wont do that to me :D I'll start working on the bday presents today, I still have 2 more weeks, so its okay :)

Did you get the my txt?? or did i send it to the wrong person?? :D I have miss sent LOTS of txt before, there was this one friend of mine who kept on getting my txt which were meant to go to my ex whern we were still together... :D I wonder what he was thinking when he got those... :D

• Allen
    19 years ago

LOL, you don't know how many txts I have had during lecture time... and I still don't learn :D Im the kind of person that leaves the phone on LOUD, and I always get lots of look from people when my phone goes off... :S... it embarasses my friends... and its funny to watch :D

Last week my best friend txted me during one of my lecture... it was LOUD and it woke me up from my sleep :D ... that txt was okay since the lecturer just ignored it... then 30 seconds later I got another txt... still loud but not okay, the lecturer stopped and looked at me :S I decided to turn my phone off after that... oh yeah, guess what the second txt said... it was from a friend in my lecture... and it reads "was that your phone??"....

I think I should learn to turn off my phone during lecture time... but I just never learn... :D:D

I just went out with my sis today and she bought a lap top :D and right now we are setting it up, planing on staying up all night to play computer game :D lol, now thats something you don't hear everyday ;)

Hey Summer, when's your birthday?? is it early during the year??

• Allen
    19 years ago

LOL, I don't think people in Uni have the right to confiscate our phones, different lecturer will take different actions when a cell phone beeps ;) some of them will make a joke out of it, some will just ignore it, some will stop and look at you... and some will ask you to leave :S I have only came across one lecture like that, and NO ONE likes him... he was just so grumpy all the time and he was so rude in his emails. There was once I sent an email asking about something I didn't understand in an assignment,,, I got back an one sentence reply that says "Ask something useful" ...!@#@$@#%@#... oh well, lets hope I'll never get him again :D

I spent a good half of yesterday shopping with my best friend for my ex's 21 present :) my goodness, we spent 4 hours in the shops... I didn't think I would ever shop for that long :) but I guess with good company I could :D:D:D We bought my ex a bean bag.. you know, one of those huge thing that you can sit on and its really comfy. Me and my best friend... her name is Rochelle, so I'll just call her Roch... its much easier than "my best friend".. lol... anyway, me and Roch had lunch together, shared a plate of India :) it was nice, butter chicken and kumora chicken... nothing beats chicken :):)

I'm definately going to do the poem and photo thing tho, I love that idea and its really something that will give her some memories to remember :) I'll just have to find my insperation... will, actually, no, I'll just write from my head :) I only need insperation when I want to write love poems. :)... aw insperation, where did you go???

My birthday is 10th of September :) which is coming up in 2 WEEKS :D:D:D:D Im going to invite just the close friends to my house and hang :)... not keen on having a big thing.... My sister said she'll do the cooking so it'll be great :)

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hmm.. prepare for the worst?? oh well, what can be worse than now :/ okay, I believe everyone has their ups and downs, I guess today Im just in a down for NO STUPID REASON..... arrg that sucks, right now, I feel lazy, don't want to do anything, but I know there are so many things I should get on to... my sis organised a trip for herself and I to go skiing... I wasn't gotta go but now it looks like I'll have to go... and my dad is coming with us :S ...I mean, I do want to spend time with my dad, but... yeah, it would be better if it was just me and my sis, there are so many things we can't talk about when dad is around :(.... okay, this "no reason pissed off mood" is annoy, I'll try and snap out of it :/

I have made a start on the 21st bday poem, once that's finished I'll post it here, and you can tell me what's good and what's not :D .... ohhh, my inspiration... where did you go?? I want to write some love poems right now, but just can't ....

Hey, sounds like you are quite good at giving speeches :) that's a skill I don't have... I somehow starts to talk in a strange way when I give speeches, I tried with my mate and it was great, but when I give the speech in class... it was crap :S don't know what went wrong... I think I need to relax more... wow, 2nd place in intermediate :) you should be proud :D I think I got 1st back in..... when I was 7 or 8 or something... so long ago...

Okay, I have failed to snap out of the stupid mood, I think I'll go and ring up a few people :D...

• Jackie Bilson
    19 years ago

Hey, don't sweat it Allen. I feel that way sometimes too. I dunno why either. It's probably something that's bugging me and I don't wanna face up to it. This is Jackie btw ;) LOL.

I know what you mean about the 'you can't talk about stuff when parents are there.' My friend that's a guy came with us (meaning me, my dad, my mum and him) christmas shopping and it was so weird. We were at the back, talking to each other really weirdly going, 'Um, you know that thing that happened the other day with um, thinige and the other person?' It was so complicated cuz we really wanted to talk about it but, you know how parents are...when you're talking about something and they overhear, they always have an opinion or question about tit and it's usually not good. *sigh* many mysteries of life...

And as for our speech, we have to memorise our whole speech! No cards or notes to look down at! I hate speeches soooo much!!!

I can't wait to read your poem. I'll pretend I'm the one turning 21 , to put myself in her shoes kind of way. I'm probably gonna end up crying. Which happens regardless of wether it's a happy or sad poem. I'm such a girl.

Well, I gotta go. I have a Maths test to fail today. :) I'm so worried right now, cuz it's statistics and...ugh, I dunno. i studied all night last night but, I'm worried I still suck at interpreting trends and predicting what's to come in time series graphs. I hate maths.

• Allen
    19 years ago

Hi Jackie, haven't seen you around much ;) I guess I got over that stupid mood after a good sleep... errr... almost too good, I slept in and missed my chance to go to the gym in Auckland :S I haven't been for the whole week, I should really keep up with my exercise :D

Yeah, its funny how me and my sister talks... about 3 or 4 years ago my sis and I would talk in Chinese and switch to English when parents comes near... now we just talk to each other in English even when we are by ourselves :S lol, its kinda funny cause just about all of my friends are Kiwi and same with my sis... she said people like me and her are "bananas".. yellow on the outside, white on the inside... lol

:) yeah, I hated speech too, but I guess that's something you'll need later on in live... its a great skill to be able to talk in front of a group of people and not look awkward :)

I think I'll spend sometime today and have another think about that 21 poem, some love poem inspiration came to me last night but I didn't write them down, I think I'll do some of that too :) I think I need to find myself a rhyming dictionary if there is such a thing :)

Hey good luck on you Maths test... I think by the time you read this it would have been over... so good luck for whatever other tests you are getting ;) ...pitty you live so far away, otherwise I could give you free maths tutoring ;) ... oh wait... some of my students failed.... maybe its not a good idea to learn from me :S

• Allen
    19 years ago

SUMMER!!!! I FINISHED THE POEM!!! But it I think I'll need to make some changes, I think I'll need to work on it a bit more.... but here it is, tell me what you think of it and what I should change :D

Happy 21st birthday, some wishes I have for you

I wish you get married, to a rich and dying man
    I wish you can find, the marbles you once had
    I wish you move to, a far far away land
    Oh apology you must accept
    For those are the words
    From a silly Buddha hand
    Now with sincerity
    I write down the wishes
    I have for a true friend

I wish you know that
    I will be right here for you