Replies to comments

• My Obsεssion
    19 years ago

Another idea, I'm on a roll I guess. If you could possibly add a feature so that you can actually reply to someone's specific comment on your poem and/or they can be alerted when you do so. If you're following what I'm thinking... I'm suggesting it because sometimes the comments people leave on my poems really touch me or help me through a time or doubt or just whatever and I want to reply back to their comment and let them know that. I know that people sort of do that already by just writing another comment under their own poem saying so but when you do that the person the comment is intended for has no idea that you've done that and won't unless for some reason they go back to a poem they've already read and read the comments again (and who does that?). I hope that my suggestion makes sense and sounds good to everyone...

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

yes, it does make sense... It might be a possibility, I'm not sure....
    I've replied by:
    1. commenting right there on my poem (but, like you said...not too many people go back to checkif there was a reply)
    2. going to that person's profile and leaving a comment on one of their poems that includes something like, "thanks for commenting on (name of poem) it really encouraged me"
    3. sending them a private message if they had that feature enabled

your idea is a good one, though....and worthy of some thought at least. I hope Janis can tell us if it is feasible or not...

• My Obsεssion
    19 years ago

Yeah I do number 1 sometimes though try to avoid it because of the perviously stated reasons and I do number 2 for the most part. I just figured this way it'd be easier for us but then again what really matters is how easy it is for Janis, yeah it could end up not being a feasible possibility...i only hope that it is

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

In another site, i found an option to support this idea

It had a check box to turn an option saying "Keep track of -username-".

It made easy to keep track of any of your favorite or yourself.

Also another check box stating
    Inform me by email if any response is recieved.

It makes everything so easy. I go to the site only when i get an email stating i recived a feed back. Or when i recieve an email stating my favourites posted a poem.

The main draw back of that site is that it is very slow. Extremly slow. there is a lot of options and so it drags...

The same thing can happen here...
    If we are provided with lots of option..then the system will grow slow...

Just my 2 cents