Help Me Publish My Poetry

• Manda
    17 years ago

I'm not sure if it's up to standard. Either way, I'm having a hard time finding publishing companies that I could possibly send my writing to. Also, I'm not quite sure on how to get started with publishing my writing. Please help.

• HOLLYWOODxBANGBANG
    17 years ago

Hunn, you're only fourteen. Maybe don't rush into getting published right away. I read some and they were good, but give it a few years to expand in your writing skills and then try. I wish the best of luck to you in whatever you try.

-Jenna.

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

In the writing poetry forumn, one of the threads is the poetry markets/notes on submissions(under NOTES ON WRITING POETRY topic).The best way to get published is make a name for yourself in the small presses, which could lead to chapbook publishing, which in turn could lead to a poetry book.Watch out-there are many 'vanity presses' that will publish with YOUR money.Avoid these.Start out slow and work your way up The markets are your best shot.Be patient and persistent.

Peace, Poetry, & Power,

Gary Jurechka

• Lu
    17 years ago

Bump (Due to Spam)

• Lovely Bones
    17 years ago

Maybe to start off, you could send one of your poems that you like the best to a magazine or something like that. You gotta start somewhere, and it's good to start small.

• Italian Stallion
    17 years ago

bump

• Christie
    17 years ago

while publishing is one of my dreams, i'm only 15 and have my whole life to do it.

i agree with everyone, maybe now isn't the most opputune time. =)

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

I say you should wait a bit and try to improve, there's no way I'm even thinking about getting my stuff published until I'm 20-something. (Mine probably aren't even good enough to be published, lol)

• N J Thornton
    17 years ago

I agree with what's been said above.
    Take time and improve during your teen years.
    Then later on in your life (twenties maybe) think about it again. It's suprising how much one can improve in the space of a couple of years.
    I'm waiting until I'm a lot older to do anything with mine seriously, as I don't feel confident that I'm good enough to be published, just yet.
    It will benefit you more if you wait, in my opinion.
    Good luck anyway, what ever you do.

• Pesamenteiro
    16 years ago

I know I'm young, but I've put together a book. (almost) kinda and I write at least one poem a day. People say its really good and I wanna know if there's a place that'll exept teen poetry.(???)

• BlueDreams
    16 years ago

Well said Gary.