Any story writers?

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I was just wondering if anyone on this site writes their own stories, not just poetry.
    Things like 1-shot fics or longer stories.
    If anyone does I'm curious to know :)

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

Thanks! I'll check it out!

• Cantchangeme
    19 years ago

I write storys

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

a novel? kewl! i love writing stories, poems, etc. i'm in creative writing class in school and we're gonna start writing 2 minute mysteries tomorrow! you can find me at fictionpress, fanfiction, or harrypotter fanfiction but in a different name :P

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

Victoria, so you're on fictionpress? Can I please have the link or your user name? You can email it to me if you want to.

I am just curious about this because I am a major story writer- I have 6 fanfiction stories and 4 fictionpress stories with 5 1-shot fics on both sites. I'm not that good at writing, but I plan on building up skills.

GK- you're writing a novel? Wow, that's so cool!

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I don't know if you wanted any one in particular to give tips, but I'm going to anyways, lol...
    Accept criticism and use it. Also just make sure of perfect punctuation/grammer/spelling, if you go on fictionpress people are usually pretty observant of that.
    If you want furthur tips from me (though they aren't that great) just email me.
    Though you probably would want others to answer ya ;)

• Amy
    19 years ago

When I was younger, I used to write short stories all the time. Most of them were scary stories. Anyway, I haven't really written any more though. I am, however, writing an autobiography of myself (kinda for the fun of it) at the moment. I might send it to a couple friends once I'm done... but I dunno what else to do with it. Anyway, I haven't written any other stories in so long because I think I'm terrible at it... I also think I'm a terrible poet. Do you guys post your stories? If so, where? Thanks.

Amy

• Andrea
    19 years ago

i'm starting a book or more lyke a diary of my life. i had a friend read it and obviously that was a mistake because she couldnt stop crying...

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

you know what? i haven't been there in a long while:/ i don't remember my name! ugh, this sucks... and i almost always delete my stories but i save it in my computer. sorry... well, i've posted short stories from school mostly and i'll seach through my word documents and check if i can find my name.

well, you can check out my friend, ellyrianna if you want to. awesome writer! don't tell her i told you to go there though! i'll get back to you- promise!

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

Cool, I will await your name ;)
    I write on fictionpress under two names (one's for my friends to see the other one is more personal and dark).
    My names are:
    icytear
    angelic-kat

And the link would be like: www.fictionpress.com/~angelickat

And if you have trouble with spelling mistakes I advice to get a beta, they rock! If ya don't know what it is then ask.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

lol, a beta is just a person who proof reads your story or chapter. Usually they are just for fictionpress or fanfiction purposes. They get rid of all the mistakes that the writer doesn't pick up on. I once had one, she was a great one, but due to work commitments she had to stop correcting my stuff.

• *tanya*
    19 years ago

i write stories...