How do poems get so many votes??

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I get as many as you do.

I think those who participate most in forums and in giving others comments may recieve more votes.
    And I'll be sure to check out your stuff now!

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

exactly what shadow said! I usually wait for people to comment first because normally most people don't comment back.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

It takes time... when I first joined, I got very few votes, too... it's closing in on a year now, and I still don't get as many as some... but a lot more than at first...

• Sarah
    19 years ago

I really think that when you comment on others poetry, that makes them want to read yours...so go to the front page and check out titles that interest you...they'll follow your kind words back to your work! Works for me, good deeds come back to you...I think they call that pay it forward!?

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

When I first joined the site, no one ever checked out my poems ... no one even voted!! But, after a while, people started appreciating them I guess, and now I get around 10-15 votes. Stick around long enough and you'll get recognized!!

• callie
    19 years ago

dont worry bout it. sometimes people are just lazy. like me :] it doesnt mean they arent good. it just means people dont take the time.

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

Its just how well your known on the site. If you write a really good poem someone likes they might tell others about it and eventually they'll start reading the rest of your poems as well. And then its just sort of a chain reaction from there.

--Bryce~

• David
    19 years ago

Comments, bah! who needs them?
    Votes, bah don't need them either.

:(

*runs off crying*

• Manda
    19 years ago

I love Comments & Votes, and I spend tons of time on this site. I don't really read a lot of other people's Poetry, unless listed as the Winners of the two things on the front page, or an interesting title pops out at me. When I do though, the Poems are usually really good, and I Comment and Vote on most all Poems that I read. I am new here, but my method is to stay active on Submitting Poems, Reading Poems, and Posting on the Discussion Boards. I hope this will help me to get more Votes & Comments, although I tend to like Comments even more than Votes. I like to hear what people think about my Poem, rather than how they rate it. I've had two or three people that I personally sent messages to, thanking them for their Comments. Also 2 people have just recently e-mailed me, requesting to use my Songs, or have me write them one. I was over-joyed, and realised that those who do look at my work are all I need to be happy. So enjoy the Votes & Comments you do get, and don't worry about seeking out more. In time it'll all come. If you can't enjoy your Poetry, how do you expect others to?

|With Love|
    -Manda

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

I got a lot of votes on one poe, because it was posted on the First page of the explicit poems part of the site. IT was on there for a week and had a rating of 4.9...it wasnt put on the homepage...is it just because it was an explicit poem???

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Man, the only way to get votes is to bust your ass voting on other peoples poems so they might return the favour, or post heaps in these forums so that some poeple might follow your name into your collection to see what you're all about.

Being a great poet has very little to do with it in my opinion, cause let's face it, the best poets in here are completely unheard of [Leslie Hasalz anyone?], and the ones who win compititions don't deserve the awards...i'm not sure who votes for these winners...but it sure as hell ain't done in any fair and balanced way...i think it's just random selection..it must be!!...i checked out a poem that won an award in here a few weeks ago...and then i checked out the other poems that were posted on the same day in the same catagory....and no way was the winner the best...no way i say!

Yeah so to whoever asked how to get more votes....vote more yourself and most folk will return the favour.

• HeAvENLy UniQue
    19 years ago

PEOPLE.. vote and comment... vote and comment.. come on people...goodness... many of us people have our poems up to find out what yah think of them.. . etc.. so get to it! lol

• cum n get me !!!!! lol
    19 years ago

I like to rate peoples poems as it helps them find out if they need to improve

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

Because of magic.. and Erica voting on people.. just vote for more people and in return they will do the same for you.