George Bush or John Kerry???

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

I was just wondering who you are going to vote for. Or, if you're not old enough yet (like myself) who you would vote for if you were old enough. I don't want to cause a debate or arguement of any type... I would just like to know who the majority of poets on this site will vote for.

So who will it be...

George Bush
    or
    John Kerry

?

• Jennifer Fox or Jackson
    19 years ago

I think I would vote for George Bush because he is the one that started the war and I think he should be the one to finish it...I dont think it is right if John Kerry came into it and changed everything that has already happened...It just wouldnt be right! That is my opinion on the factor! Chows 4 now...Jennie

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

hey ths topic had way more posts....even i posted one...wat happened!

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

It must have been decided that some of us can't have an opinion on this topic! :-)

Actually a whole lot of recent posts on the discussion forums are not showing up now. That is probably due to some glitches involved with moving the site to a different server.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

I don't know.. I noticed that a lot of the other topics on the board had lost many posts. Oh well...

• Chloe
    19 years ago

I don't really like Kerry, but I'd choose ANYONE over Bush. I am not old enough to vote yet, but if I was, I'd definitely vote for Kerry. IMO, Bush is destroying our world, and everything good in it. It has never been this much terror before. It all started when he came, and he has killed too many innocent people. In my eyes, this man is the real terrorist, and he should spend the rest of his life in jail.

KERRY, KERRY, KERRY!

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Sorry, Chloe, but I have to disagree with you. Terrorism didn't begin with Bush. Terrorism had escalated all over the globe during the latter half of the 20th century. We were pretty much at peace in the U.S. until terrorists suddenly killed 3000 innocent victims on 9/11. They had actually hoped and planned to kill many more than that when they destroyed the Twin Towers. It was the Bush administration which responded to terrorist acts, not who caused them. Does anyone seriously believe we should have sat back and done nothing? Since 9/11 numerous other terrorist plots against the U.S. have since been uncovered and prevented. Had it not been for stepped up security efforts agaist the increased threat of domestic terrorism, it is a virtual certainty that there would have been further attacks and many more innocent lives lost on U.S. soil.

• Chloe
    19 years ago

Well, Lydia, I didn't say terrorism began with Bush, I said that it has never been this much terrorism before. And what exactly do you mean by "It was the Bush administration which responded to terrorist acts", Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. It's just because Bush doesn't like muslims, and because of the money. We all know that. I have heard people comparing Bush to Hitler, and I must say that I agree. He is just a big ###### like that man was. So, if you vote for Bush, you're voting for terrorism as well.

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

Personally I'm for Kerry ...

• Sammie
    19 years ago

Honestly SCREW THEM BOTH!!!! i think we need new canadentZ to run 4 press bcuZ they both really suck.... im sorry but i think honestly kerry is to soft and heZ gunna run own country stright into the ground b4 ya kno it... PLUZ omg dont even get me started wit BUSH i hate hate hate him... i think that if we had al gore even thought i domt lik him i dont think any of this horrid stuff would happen.. plus hello we dont need to be ova in iraq anymore we needa get the hell up outta there and leave those poor innocent plp alone... yea if they need our help they'll ask us... besides that we dont need to be intruding in there country any more!!!!!! thats how i honestly feel!

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

You're very true... I'm glad to hear you're voting this year! And for Bush! =) Yahooo!

• Chloe
    19 years ago

Yahooo? Err...o...k...

You seriously need to re-consider your choice.

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm not bashing yours or anyone elses. =)

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Bob, how can you say the country always does better with a democrat?

Reagan was a Republican and it was during his administration that we got Government Cheese. ;-)

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Bob, most of the cutbacks you mention were programs that were at that time primarily supported by local and state funding. And I know for certain that the Headstart program continued to operate in AZ where I lived then. I did not notice any cutbacks.

The cheese giveaway started out as a poverty program in the 1980's but the government surplus stocks were growing faster than the eligible recipients could consume them. So they started doling out those 5-lb. blocks to anyone who showed up at the distribution points. That became the basis for a lot of variations of mac and cheese on our table. All kidding aside though, my life was in turmoil at the time. I was not yet a citizen. I had two small kids and my husband had just been murdered. So it was reassuring just to know that we could rely on the Government Cheese for sustenance. And the supply seemed endless. So I say bring back the Government Cheese again. What a country! I love it.
    All the best. —Lydia

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Thanks, Bob. And it may be more fun to talk about the issues and peripheral issues than the candidates themselves. I find peanut butter and black-eyed peas a lot more interesting than Cheney and Bush or Kerry and Edwards. :-)

• charity
    19 years ago

I might be Canadian but if I had to choose I think Bush he has more moral!:)

• Fireflower
    19 years ago

I deffinatly say Bush. He's been a great leader. Even though he's made some mistakes, i honestly don't trust Kerry. He keeps flipping sides on important issues. We need a President who sticks to what he says. So far, Bush has done that quite well.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

I also think consistency is important. And that is something Kerry lacks. I don't think it is fair, however, to say that Bush is morally superior to Kerry or vice versa. I think both candidates are sincere in seeking to do what they each feel is best for the country. They just have different ideas on the best course to arrive at that goal.

If Kerry gets elected we will definitely have the most "colorful" first lady to occupy the White House in modern times.

• LiL One
    19 years ago

I'm not a big Kerry fan, but I really like Edwards, he has a lot of charisma. But there is no way in my life, that I would ever support George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Choose Abstinence, Stay away from bush and dick!

• Mephastophilis
    19 years ago

For those who think Bush is consitant, moral and honest, you should check out this website. Warning though.................it could be a real eye opener so for those who want to stay in the dark, i suggest you ignore this. xmollyxx

http://www.house.gov/appropriations_democrats/caughtonfilm.htm

(for those who do check out the site, i just thought i'd say that if Bush is doing this in his own country, to his own people, how do you think he treats people in foreign coutries. do u really think he cares about how many Iraqi's die? i don't."

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

The entire content of the above cited web site is purported facts and quotes from news article that are ALL taken out of context. The trouble with using selective facts and quotes taken out of context is that they can be used in a calculated way to prove or disprove just about anything or any point of view.

As an example, let’s say that a public representative says “I support education.” Does that mean that he is from then on forever obligated to support every appropriation of public funds for education that comes down the pike, without qualification? Otherwise he is a liar? That’s the kind of thing that this web site tries to imply. That is just deceptive.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

I'd like to echo the late and great Bill Hicks in discussing politics..

"I think the puppet on my left represents my views"

"no i think the puppet on the right does"

ANYONE IN HERE WHO VOTES FOR BUSH should be ashamed of themselves!!...go watch farenheit 9/11....go see bowling for columbine...stop reading the papers and watching the news that HE CONTROLS...and educate yourselves...Kerry ain't much better but he sure as hell ain't as bad....

Man, i'm in Scotland and i bet i know more about the American political situation and history than most of you....shame shame shame on you!....BUSH IS A MURDERING MASONIC RASCIST ENVIROMENT DESTROYING REDNECK.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Actually, scub my last comment....the amount of honest to goodness love of this planet and it's people that George Bush has inspired with his deceptive power hungry presidency has been awe inspiring...if he gets elected again even more people will start protesting and joining environmental groups etc...so i guess let him back in..cause in the long run...when people start to riot...it will all end in roses...and he's only going to rig the election like he did last time anyway..

• Mephastophilis
    19 years ago

Re: The entire content of the above cited web site is purported facts and quotes from news article that are ALL taken out of context. The trouble with using selective facts and quotes taken out of context is that they can be used in a calculated way to prove or disprove just about anything or any point of view.

As an example, let’s say that a public representative says “I support education.” Does that mean that he is from then on forever obligated to support every appropriation of public funds for education that comes down the pike, without qualification? Otherwise he is a liar? That’s the kind of thing that this web site tries to imply. That is just deceptive.

Lydia O- Bush isn't just some public representative, he's the fricking president. Bush is a liar- there's no arguement about that, anyone who believe otherwise really needs a reality check. if you go back and look at the website properly, you will notice this. On the 1/8/03, the Bush admin created a act called the "No child left behind act" then the very first education budget after it proposed to cut NCLB programs by $90 million overall, leaving the programs more than $7 billion short of what was authorized under the bill he had originally passed. Now if that isn't hypocritical, please tell me what is. btw, i really question how much attention you were paying while looking at the site. the stuff written in it isn't from newspaper clippings- if fact if you look properly you'll notice that it is called "Caught on FILM" the website isn't decepitive, Bush is. xmollyxx

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Bush!!!

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Ok...let me explain that while Bush has done things wrong in his term....what president has not?! Kerry does not believe in war because he was in one....well it's different now. We can not let terrorists come into our country and kill our citizens....and do nothing about it. If you represent Kerry...then that is what you agree with. For those of you who think that Bush is an unfit President....THINK AGAIN! He has saved our country from more terrorists attacks along with helped another country become stable.

~*~BUSH 2004~*~
    ~*~Christina~*~

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Molly -- Are you trying to say that the TEXT in that site was captured on film and that is why I should believe it?

Do you know the meaning of AP and Washington Post? If not then I suggest you find out and then tell us who was not paying attention while reading the site.

• Mephastophilis
    19 years ago

Erm lydia i must admit that you've totally lost me. what does asociated press or the washington post have to do with what i was saying. the point i was making was the fact that Bush is a hypocrite and i don't care whether you believe what is on the site, the fact is...................... it was caught on film. Bush SAID those things, then went and did the total opposite of what he said he would do. Going back to what you said about AP or the washington post, if your insinuating that the report is baised against Bush then you should probably know that it is produced by the House Appropriations Committee which comprises of 35 Republicans, 29 Democrats and one independent. That is why you should believe it. xmollyxx

• Mephastophilis
    19 years ago

Christina: *shakes her head in total and utter disbelieve* "Saved" America from terrorist, you think he saved you guys?!!!!" OMG, do u know anything about the situation in the middle east. do you think terrorist just decide to attack a country? why do you think they HATE America? Do you think its just by chance? And........ OMG. Made "another country stable"?!!! you think Iraq is stable?!!! What kind of Bubble do you guys live in because i wish in it. xmollyxx

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Look...had we not gone to fight the war....the war would have come to us. He saved us from a war in our homeland. And no...Iraq is not stable now....but it's in better living conditions than it was. Pple have a since of freedom now. For the first time they are having elections. I'd say we helped.

AND furthermore...i do not live in a bubble, i just refrain myself from hearing pple like you cut down our president. Where are you from. Do u live in the US? Then you dont have say!

~*~Christina~*~

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Molly -- YOU stated above "I really question how much attention you were paying while looking at the site. The stuff written in it isn't from newspaper clippings."

That is why I asked you about the AP and Washington Post. These are the sources given for some of the newspaper articles from which bits and pieces have been taken out of context for use in this site. Are you still denying this?

You are also in error about the authors/sponsors of this web site. Why do you think the name *democrats* is specifically contained in the URL? This is obviously not a bi-partisan web site as you have tried to imply. Interesting that you tell me I should consider Bush to be a liar and base that conclusion on the credibility of a hit piece sponsored by rival party members. Interesting also that this site is critical of Bush for allegedly underfunding education and other programs but at the same time it also blames him for overspending and fiscal irresponsibility. Well, just which is it? You can't have it both ways. He can't be underspending and simultaneously overspending.

Besides, legislative bills, funding appropriations and Federal budgets all require Congressional approval. So crediting or blaming the President individually for things like this that are largely legislative functions is not even totally appropriate. The President can exert leadership to support or oppose these actions but he does not even get to vote on them. Ultimately their passage or failure is entirely up to Congress.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo Christina, i ain't gonna try and talk you outta voting for Bush, your mind i clearly made up and no amount of fact or reason from me will change that. Just do me a favour ok.

Don't tell me that because i don't happen to live in the US my opinion on Bush and the American election has nothing to do with me. Have you heard of a little thing called "The United Nations"?...yeah...britain, where i come from [ we have a lying asshole leader here too] is also part of it...so that makes American politics and the people behind them, MY BUSINESS IF IT EFFECT THE WORLD I LIVE IN!!...

Ha...not that Bush listens to the UN anyway...but he's a great guy eh....arming small countries with weapons and then a few months later blowing the crap out of them...what a guy.

• Lexi Lou
    19 years ago

everyones now gonna hate each other

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Nonsense, i hope we can have an enlivened discussion about politics with a bit of passion and not fall out?

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Kevin ~ I understand where you are coming from. I didn't mean for it to sound as harsh as it came out. Politics make ppl crazy. It's just that...i've had alot of ppl trying to change my mind. I believe (note that this is MY opinion...not yours) that Bush is a good President. I support the things that he has done and the manner that he has done them in. Also take note that I am not fully informed. I did not begin getting into the election until about a month ago. However, what I do know about our Pres., I support. I don't want to come off as a B%%%% in any way...so please don't take it like that...and Lexi ~ were not all gonna hate each other...lol. I have just always been the type of person to stand by my beliefs. It's not easy to change my mind. However, like i said...i am not fully informed...so feel free to give me advice.

As of the moment...i am voting for Bush. I'm not saying that my mind will not change before election time. I just believe in what i KNOW.

~*~Christina~*~

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here

are the facts about the three leading candidates.

Candidate A -

Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.

He's had two Mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10

martinis a day.

Candidate B -

He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in

college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C -

He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an

occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.

Which of these candidates would be your Choice?

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Candidate A: is Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Candidate B: is Winston Churchill.

Candidate C: is Adolph Hitler.

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500

employees and has the following statistics:

* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse

* 7 have been arrested for fraud

* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks

* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

* 3 have done time for assault

* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting

* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits

* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

*1 has never given a cent to a charitable cause. (John F.Kerry )

Can you guess which organization this is?

• Kris Lynn
    19 years ago

Give up yet?