Rude, Inappropriate Comments - AGAIN

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

I know that Janis must have his hands full with pressing responsibilities and shouldn't have to get personally involved and take up his time with each instance of someone's immature conduct.

We really do need the capability of deleting inappropriate, abusive comments on our poem pages.

This has happened to me again today. The person who did this, Kevin Murray, chose this as a way of retaliating for an opinion I expressed in the discussion forums. Unfortunately there are a few people here who have such little respect for the free exchange of ideas that they cannot tolerate any opinions which differ from their own.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it."
    ---Aristotle

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Yes, Janis, I agree...we really need to be given back the option to delete inappropriate comments.

I checked it out and the comment that Kevin left on Lydia's poem has NOTHING to do with the poem.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Won't Janis enable that option which allowed us to delete inapprorpriate comments again???...

Kevin Murray has left me also an inappropriate comment..

Criticism is fine. But insults are not tolerable..
    .. I don't encourage such comments..

I am not in a mood to talk now.. I will be backlater.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

I saw that comment and I didn't see any humor in it. It was disgusting. Likewise for what he left on Trincy's page.

It looks like KM has accumulated a resumé of inappropriate comments left on other people’s poems.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

Again, Janis, I must plead with you to restore our ability to delete rude/inappropriate comments.

Kevin says his comments are sarcstic not rude/inappropriate, but I really don't think sarcasm has a place here... at least not when commenting on people's poems.. it's too hard to read proper voice inflection and can be too easily misunderstood. Sarcasm is hard enough to use appropriately in person...there are too many variables to account for... anyway,..... just my two cents....

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

This was for Captured soul...

...i too had to edit it off! :)

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Aw come on guys! lighten up eh?...if i was some kind of demon running around this website posting nothing but filth then i'd understand your comments...but seriously! I make a point of really trying to explain my views on someones work...i'll admit that in a few cases i have been slightly sarcastic and over passionate, but not to the degree stated here. If Janis does a check on my comments he'll find most of them individual and well thought out...a grade above the usual

"nice poem..well done"

So i get a little smartassey sometimes....no big deal.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

yes, Kevin, most of your comments are fine...they can be a bit abrasive..but they are actually helpful... The parts to which we are referring, though, are like your "Don't vote for Bush..." comment on Lydia's.... and the little addition you added at the bottom of your comment on one of Trincy's...totally uncalled for... they had nothing to do with the poem.... THAT is the kind of thing we are trying to get rid of with the delete function...

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

(Edited out)

• Kevin
    19 years ago

No Lydia i called Bush a scumbag...and yes i do have plently whatever you said...chutzpaz or something...

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo lydia..is this the scumbag comment you are referring to?:

"George bush parading around the country preaching about how we all still live in a dangerous world....yeah thanks to you and your predecessors you scumbag!!!"

Can you see the George Bush bit...and then where i talk about HIS effect on the country...and then the bit where i mention it's thanks to him and his predecessors...IE the previous presidents...Now you understand?

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

OK, Kevin, in view of what you are saying, I'm going to retract my above remark. But I agree with Friends' statement above. Our viewpoints can be just as effectively expressed without the use of inflammatory language, especially when its meaning is open to misinterpretation.