There's something wrong with this site

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

There are a couple of things involved:

Have you read the guidelines here for submitting poems? Everyne is advised to save their poems before submitting them on this site. It is always best to use your word proceesor for composing your work and then copy and paste it into the text box on the petry submission screen.

Even if you have already logged in, after a 10-15 minute period of inactivity, you get automatically logged off. Along with several other glitches, the auto log-off was shortened when after the site was moved to a new server a few weeks ago. This has been discussed at greater length in the Feedback & Suggestions section of the discussion forums.

Until this is fixed, it is also a good idea to save any comment to your windows clipboard before submitting it. That way, if you find youself logged off, you can re-log in and still post your saved comment without losing it.

• Jennifer Fox or Jackson
    19 years ago

Yeah this has happened to me before and it made me mad when I realized I lost my work....I also like to write poems on the spot!...now and days I just highlight my poem and click copy...that way if it says i have to log in i will log in and paste it back when i am submitting it!...It works...I wrote this one poem...It was so good...I dont remember what I wrote but I lost it due to the stupid memo saying you have to log in...I cried...lol...well chows 4 now...jennie

• Nefarius
    19 years ago

i have this problem with mozilla, then i change to the internet explorer and all is functioning, terribly true...

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Interesting. I use both browsers and haven't noted differences in viewing this site with either IE or Mozilla.

• Just Val
    19 years ago

The problem is not the server, its the fact that you take too long, the new automatic sign off is signing us off after about 5 or 6 minutes so when your done writing the poem just copy it then if it says log in just re-login go to submit poem and press paste, it's that easy!!

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Another solution-- Download and use the Firefox browser for this site. instead of IE. With Firefox you CAN re-log-in and then return to the page with your text without losing it even if you did not save it.