Please take the time to read this very sad thing that happen to

• Josiah Larson
    19 years ago

Jeff Broddle | Cadillac News Rob TaylorÕs daughter, Kylie Taylor, 14, walked to the store and never returned. Taylor later discovered Kylie had been abducted by a sexual predator she had been chatting with on the Internet. Taylor other parents will take notice of his daughterÕs story.
    MANTON - His ordeal started with a phone call.

Rob Taylor's ex-wife called from Washington State. Their daughter was missing. Kylie Taylor, 14, walked to the store and never returned.

Two weeks of chaos followed. Taylor shook his head in dismay as he reviewed the events.

There were no leads in the disappearance for more than week.

"It got to be where we talked about wanting to find a body - just so we knew," Taylor recalled.

Taylor has avoided the media that swarmed Washington to cover the kidnapping and rescue. Now he wants to speak out. He wants to warn teenage girls about the danger of Internet chat rooms. A man abducted Kylie after chatting with her on-line for about a year.

"This is getting out of hand," Taylor sighed. "This is such a growing thing. That's my whole point. These perverts pick them up on the Internet."

Kylie Taylor was found two weeks after her walk to the store. She just wanted to talk in-person with the 24-year-old she met online.

What she found at that rendezvous was a 47-year-old "monster." The teenager was raped and then driven past her home. Her abductor threatened to kill her mom and sister if she talked to anyone about what he had done.

He then drove her to a suburb near Tacoma. She was there for two weeks, chained to a bed every time he left for work.

She was found curled in a fetal position wearing only a skirt. Her hair had been cut and dyed.

As horrific as this story is, the parents now feel that if the police had done their job, Kylie could have been found within the first three days.

"If it weren't for Perverted Justice (PeeJ) and Deb and her dad," Taylor said, speaking about his ex-wife Deb Farnam and Jack Ward, "she never would have been found and she probably would have been killed."

In the midst of this nightmare, Deb Farnam couldn't get the police to take action.

"It all went down like this," explained Taylor. "They classified Kylie like a runaway. They just left it as a runaway and they didn't get involved."

Five days elapsed before the Clark County Sheriff's Department issued a missing persons alert.

Frustrated, Farnam began investigating her daughter's computer. Kylie, who is autistic, wrote poetry and maintained a Web site. Farnam was shocked to discover, sometime in the second week, that her daughter had posted on the site.

Farnam contacted www.perverted-justice.com, a 'watchdog agency' run by volunteers and based in Portland, Ore.

Founded in 2002, Xavier Von Erck, director of PeeJ, said the Web site was "dedicated to finding and exposing those users in regional chat rooms with predatory tendencies toward children."

Within three days, Kylie was found by staffers at the perverted-justice Web site by what they called "good old-fashioned investigative work."

By tracking Kylie through her poetry Web site, Von Erck got the Internet provider's (IP) address for the person she had been chatting with.

The IP would only give the street address of the suspect to a police officer.

"I paged the lead detective," VonErck explained, "and gave her the information we found. ... She called Comcast, got the physical address and passed it on to Pierce County Police, who did the arrest."

On Sept. 13, Stanley Scott Sadler was arrested and charged with three counts of third-degree rape of a child, two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of first-degree kidnapping.

"She should have been home a week prior," Von Erck said. "She should have been home on Sept. 6."

VonErck credits Kylie Thompson's courage as key to her rescue.

"Kylie Taylor is like a lot of kids who get abducted. Taken in by well-stated lies by an expert groomer. ... These people are sick, slick and - worst of all - patient."

He explained that even though she was drugged and tortured, she logged into her accounts, hoping that someone was watching.

Rob Taylor shakes his head as he recalled the ordeal - talking on the phone every day for two weeks, wondering and waiting to see if his daughter was still alive. He now fears for his 9-year-old daughter. He's taking more time to monitor her computer usage.

After Kylie's rescue, Taylor flew to Washington for a reunion.

"She didn't talk much about what happened. She didn't want to talk about it," he said. "She was worried about her hair. Of all the things she had been through, she was worried about me seeing her hair."

The kidnapping will be the subject of a Montel Williams broadcast at 8 a.m. on Oct. 27 on the Fox network.
    The end:( Thanks for taking the time to read this

This happen to my friend.
    Please teens just whatch who you chat with
    She was almost family with me
    I have known her for over 7 years

May the people that do these kind of things DIE AND GO TO HELL!!!

Feel free to email me at josiah@warriorsouls.com
    I love to get email and I love to help people about there problems.

Your friend,
    -Josiah

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

Unfortunately that is the sort of thing that happens way too often.

It is a sad story but it should serve as an object lesson about guarding your privacy on the net and being aware of the dangers that exist with cyber predators and stalkers who rely on deception to exploit easily impressionable young people.

• Josiah Larson
    19 years ago

I just hope people can learn from this and Think before saying things and doing things

-Josiah

• Fireflower
    19 years ago

wow, this is a lesson for kids and chat rooms... But this story makes you steaming mad at the police....