Pay it forward

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

I hate that i sometimes read peoples poems and they have had hundreds of visits but like 3 votes and a comment. I think if we read a poem we should leave a rating at the very least. I mean lets help each other out guys, I don't post my writting on this site for me, I do it for the readers on here. And I'm sure that I speak for us all when I say our writting is on here so that we can find out how people feel about it and improve our love for writting. So lets pay it forward and start leaving more ratings/comments for each other this way everyone will benefit. Does anybody agree with me or am I the only one who feels we should help eachother out more? anyways hope you respond to this and agree with me. Karl Wild

• Kari
    17 years ago

yeah your right. we don't write these things just for us . we write it to also to help the people who have the same problems of us . and to find help. kari

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

yeah we want to know what other people like and what we can improve on. Karl Wild

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

Ya im saying if u actually read the poem then leave a rating at least instead of just moving on. I understand what u mean but like i said out of a couple hundred visits more then 3 ppl actually read the poem u know what i mean lol Karl Wild

• .K.i.T.t.Y.
    17 years ago

it drives me crazy when there are like over 200 views and only 4 rates and possible no comments. i put these opems on her to help me with writing and to see what ppl think. otherwise they wouldnt b on her. theyd b back in privacy.

• Normal is the Watchword
    17 years ago

It depends on the people reading it, some people would rather ignore a poem than to leave a comment on one tha treally could use improvement, I think?

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

well i mean u can always rate a poem if u take the time to read the whole poem u might as well take 3 more seconds and leave a number of what u thought the poem was deserving of. but thats my opinion anyway. Karl Wild

• Pianist
    17 years ago

It drives me crazy when people think a rating and a "Great poem! 5/5" will improve their poetry.

• Cassie Cain
    16 years ago

I agree with david beckham. my poems have so many poeple going through it and none leave me a commment but i really appriciate the ratings they leave as they finish reading my poem

• claire
    16 years ago

I agree that 1 liners don't really help, but they do make you feel good about ur poetry. and ratings take a half a second! I always leave one unless I am completely unsure about my opionion. I think we all should - make the site a better place :)

• ABake
    16 years ago

I agree with "Nobody" that how can you improve with "Another good one" and that just doesn't help. I'm glad that you "enjoy" my poem but I'm trying to improve not just get big headed because something thinks I have "talent." Wow, that was kinda rude, but it really makes me angry. Plus, a lot of the people who do get all the comments and stuff are the really amazing ones who have like 500 poems and all that but so much for us who have just started.................