Plagiarism

• katie!
    17 years ago

"About the most originality that any writer can hope to achieve honestly is to steal with good judgment. "

-Josh Billings

What do you think about this quote?

• Karl Wild GG23
    17 years ago

I think everything is plagiarized to a certain extent, we just have to consider if its intentional or not. Anything you write today, you can almost guarantee somebody has said or wrote somewhere along the way. We just have to keep everything as original as possible, why would you want to be like somebody else anyway, when u can be your own writter/poet. Leave your own legacy don't follow one. Karl Wild

• Deana
    17 years ago

Sluvious, I hate to hear that,I love reading your poems We will miss them , I hope you change your mind . books take so long .I would definately come see your play.

• pozinthenoise
    17 years ago

When you steal from one's work, it's plagiarism. When you steal from two or more, it's research.

Sometimes, it's hard to judge whether the poem you read is plagiarized or not. Coz coincindence often occurs. Too many mind thinks, and it didn't happen once that we use the same words to describe what we think.

• adelinaxx
    16 years ago

I agree to a certain extent and i disagree to a certain extent

• Cassie Cain
    16 years ago

I think that in this site,theres alot of people who copy others poems and thats some thing that has happened to me alot. i dont really like the fact that poeple cant come up with their own stuff so they steal others. if you cant make one up yourself, why are on this site then. they just get credit for poems that others did.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Yeah..well it true..its absolutely right

• Mr M
    16 years ago

There is such a concept as "borrowing" but this isn't necessarily plagarism. Great writers are always looking for ways to say things better than someone else did and borrowing is not looked down upon if due credit is given. Plagarism itself? Don't do it unless you have a literary death wish and some wierd need to be shunned by humanity.